Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Interface ADP Payroll to SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have to do an interface from ADP Payroll to SAP(GL).

My FICO functional SME says there should be a program that we can run (e.g. from SE38) that will take the file from ADP and load it into SAP (will load the G/L entries into SAP).

Does anyone know what program this is?

ADP provides an ADP interface to SAP but will not provide the details unless my client buys it from ADP.

The client does not want to pay for this - they have a interface from ADP to their legacy system already in place, and want to just change the mapping format to what SAP requires. They know they will have to provide ADP with the SAP cost centers, etc. - that is not the question.

Thanks!

Scott

Edited by: Craig Cmehil on Jul 17, 2008 9:29 AM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the sound of it, it's just a file that ADP will drop. Probably delimited file, or some xml format file. Buying an ADP interface makes implementing easier, but if you don't want to spend $ you can always write your own. However, reading the file is not the difficult part, the diffcult part is knowing where to put the data inside of SAP. You can always refer to the legacy interface on this I suppose.

Another part you have to sort out is where the file will be dropped. Will ADP drop the file, or do you have to download it from a ftp site?

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure ADP will not send the file just like that.. it will encrypt the data and send.... so you might need to decrypt the file as well.. to decrypt the file we have OS level command.. Create a command through transaction SM69 (and execute via FM SXPG_CALL_SYSTEM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thsi interface exists today to a legacy system. They are now moving to SAP.

I need to know what transanction/program I need to run to post the G/L entries.

Yes - ADP will need to know what the SAP G/L numbers are, etc. - that is what the client will take care of - I work on the DEV side and need to know what SAP has to upload the file. That way I can provide the client with what the mapping is to SAP.

Thanks.

Scott

0 Kudos

Hi Scott check [this link|http://www.whypad.com/posts/sap-uploading-gl-journal-entries-the-easy-way/24/]

If youu2019re looking for the BAPI for uploading journal entry documents to SAP, try: BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST

[Copy from .XLS Excel Journal Entry|http://e-mory.blogspot.com/2008/03/copy-or-upload-excel-journal-entry-to.html]

shafiq_rehman3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott,

Using Interface Toolbox you can build an interface to from SAP to ADP. I think ADP in return send you some data that can be used through Interface Toolbox. TCODE is PU12, if you know someone at your client who has some knowledge about PU12 then that person can help you.

If you want to explore by yourself then in tcode PU12 you should see the interface format OTMU and same file format.

You can also go through this document on PU12: http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/PAXX/PYSOME_INTERFACE.pdf

All above will be good, if PU12 is your solution to go.

Shafiq