cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Kerberos although the UME is connected to the ABAP Stack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a portal where the UME is connected to an ABAP system, now I should implement Kerberos authentifcation from Windows to the Portal. Now my question is: Is this possible? As Kerberos normally also needs changes in the UME configuration file and, as far as I know, once you chose to use an ABAP system as UME data source you cannot change it, I'm not sure if there is a possibility to implement Kerberos in this case.

Would be great if you could tell me whether it is possible to implement Kerberos in this case.

Kind regards,

Timo Hübner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

this is possible. The ABAP-Stack is your userstore and Kerberos the authentication method. For Kerberos it is transparent which userstore is used.

Regards,

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you tell me a bit more about what are the steps that differ from the Kerberos implementation if the UME data source is an LDAP system?

Kind regards,

Timo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

From your description I can understand that you portal is installed on ABAP+Java stack.

We came across the same scenario, and changed the UME configuration file, and the server crashed.

On raising OSS note, we got a reply from SAP that Kerberos authentication is not possible in if you have ABAP+Java stack. This is supported only on separate Portal Installation with its own UME.

Regards,

Nadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it really looks like there's no chance to change the UME settings once the ABAP stack is chosen.

Regards,

Timo

Edited by: Timo Hübner on Sep 1, 2008 9:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

the normal scenario is that you use the ads (Active Directory)as the datasource in combination with Kerberos. In this scenario you log on to your Windows with your account from the ads and with the help of kerberos you authenticate directly in the portal which uses the same ads as the userstore.

If you don't use the ads as the datasource you have to ensure that the ads and the other datasource (abap or any ldap) is synchronized.

Have a look here for more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/4c3725aeaf30b4e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps. Regards,

Norbert