cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template interpretation failed. Template does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to run a service from SICF the browser pops up with this error. I've read in another post to set the ~theme, but I've set it and it's still coming up. I've also published the templates to internal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured out the issue and what needed to be setup in the gui link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

**Update...I got the message to go away when I setup the "GUI Link" configuration to include ~GENERATEDYNPRO = 1.

What I'm trying to get to work is, we have a few e-commerce websites that run on our standalone ITS and need to get them moved over to the integrated ITS with ECC 6.0 / Netweaver 2004s. Is there any documentation / links to how this can be done without using the GUI Link?

When I disable "GUI Link" I get this error below.

Note

• The following error text was processed in the system DEV : Communication failure

• The error occurred on the application server onebase_DEV_00 and in the work process 0 .

• The termination type was: IMC_CANCEL_TX

• The ABAP call stack was:

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS===============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you upload templates and mimes for your transaction? You're probably missing the templates. If you did then where are they and what is the service you are calling? If the location of the templates in SE80 is ZSERVICE1 > Topic 99 > HTML Templates then you should be calling zservice1 in your URL and the GUI Link needs to have ~theme 99.

If you still have issues then you will need to provide the developer trace from ST11 for the workprocess for the Webgui component. Thanks.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I got it to see the templates but its not seeing my custom HTML templates that we had on the Standalone version before the upgrade which I've uploaded.

It's in SE80 as ZLABL > Topic SG > HTML.

The ~theme is set to SG in the GUI Link and ~transaction is set to ZLABL.

Edited by: VatHB on Jul 21, 2008 1:44 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

So in the URL you are calling: http://host:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/zlabl ? If not you will also need ~sources zlabl. Please also check what other service parameters you had in your old External ITS for this service. Maybe a different ~xgateway was being used?

There should be some messages in the developer trace. If you not you should go to SM50 and change the trace level to 2 for DIA processes and only for the webgui component.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that would be the correct URL but the only thing different is the URL we are calling has "sap-client=160" at the end of the URL.

http://host:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/zlabl?sap-client=160

When you say I would need to add ~source where would that be added at? In the SE80 > Internet Services attributes for that Program? Or in the GUI Link configuration?

Reason I'm asking the question above is because when I did add ~sources I still get the same errors.

Also this was the only information in the old service file:

~transaction ZLABL

~theme SG

~cookie 1

~promo

Edited by: VatHB on Jul 22, 2008 1:51 PM

Edited by: VatHB on Jul 22, 2008 2:55 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You only needed to add the ~sources parameter if the service you are calling is different from the folder the templates are in. In your case you do not need to have ~sources.

You will need to do the SM50 trace as I have previously mentioned in order to find why this transaction is not working.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I'll do that and report back with the results.

Does Integrated SAP have anything that would make SAP Online Store compatible? I know there is the SAP Retail Store, but I'm needing to convert these templates and have them act like a online website for purchasing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I figured out the issue by going through the SM50 trace that you showed me. Thanks for that...

When I first uploaded the old HTML Templates using "SIAC_UPLOAD" program I named the screens as 0100 and etc... but when running the service it was looking for 100 without the 0 in front.

Now another issue is I've created a new template from one that I uploaded with the correct screen number and using Business HTML. When copying one template, the new template contains this error in it...

<p>WARNING steploops are deprecated: %#C_101

What is this error mean and how do you go about fixing it?

The original template had this following selection input with a loop in it.

<select name="L_FORM" size 0>

<option value="">`#SEL_LABEL`</option>

`repeat with i from 1 to FORM_LIST-L_FORM.dim`

<option `if (FORM_LIST-L_FORM<i> == L_FORM)` selected `end` value="`FORM_LIST-L_FORM<i>` ">`FORM_LIST-INFO<i>`

</option>

`end`

</select>

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

That should only be a warning, meaning that it should still work, but please don't use it anymore because it's deprecated.

Did you try the template? any issues with it?

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I shouldn't use that anymore then what is it's replacement for a step loop?

As far as your question on "Did you try the templates?"

Yes they work, but when creating a new template off of the old format I got that about that loop be depreciated.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Steploops were usually used in place of a table control or ALV Grid several years ago because there were issues or limitations with these controls on the ITS. These issues have since been resolved so you should be using the ALV Grid or Tablecontrol now...but I don't know what this steploop is actually doing in your transaction.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks....

Another questions that relates to "Integrated ITS," is it possible to still use the standalone version of ITS along with the integrated version of its to help ease migration?

If it is possible to have Standalong ITS to still run using the Wgate / Agate setup then how does that get setup? It just seems like it would be much easier in the short term to keep our Go Live date on schecdule and slowly / steadly migrate over to the integrated ITS.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible with Netweaver 2004s to use the standalone ITS. Please see note 709038, basically SAP Basis 7.00 and higher does not allow the use of standalone ITS with it.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a built in sap template converter tool besides just using SIAC_UPLOAD for uploading templates from the standalone to the integrated that will convert them to the new "business html?"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope,

the few modifications that are needed for the integrated

ITS are well documented and cannot be applied automatically.

best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the documentation that I have found for the conversion hasn't helped me out much. Do you have links to the documents?

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I've looked at that documentation but it doesn't tell what parameters that were used before that need to be changed now. Like is there a "list" of all the parameters available to the GUI Link?

In my other thread on this forum I explained we would concatinate parameters onto the url to skip screens and go to the screen we need it to using ~okcode, ~eitem, and etc...Within the ABAP coding it looks for these key parameters in the URL and if there is none then it would just go to the 1st screen.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you're confusing matters here. There is no parameters for "GUI link". The parameters that you are referring to are ANY Integrated ITS service, be it webgui or zcustomerservice. Sure, there are a few parameters that only make sense for the webgui service, but these are documented as only for webgui.

You can find the parameters in the SAP Help Portal:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/54/4d9993c6592941a407313a6763575c/frameset.htm

click on "Configuration" and find the "Parameters for Developers" and "Parameters for Administrators"

Just to note, the ~eitem is not a standard ITS parameter and will not be listed here, that is probably an application specific parameter.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well in the server next to "GUI Link" there is the "GUI Configuration" which ask for "Parameters Name" is what I was referring to.

So are these parameter's just for the WebGUI?

Edited by: VatHB on Jul 31, 2008 3:51 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The "GUI Configuration" in each service is asking for parameters that you can enter. The parameters are NOT only for webgui, as stated above, there are a few parameters that are only valid for the webgui service, but there are several that are valid for all Integrated ITS services.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok is there a list of parameters that are available for all Integrated ITS? I'm not looking for specific webgui parameters.

Also when your creating text for the Templates what "Special characters are not accepted?" We imported our text file from the standalone and now when I try to add more text to it says "Do not use any special characters."

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I encourage you to read some of the descriptions of the parameters in the SAP Help Portal. In the description it will say only valid for webgui if that is the case...otherwise it is valid for all Integrated ITS services. I also encourage you to try it on your system.

The characters that are not allowed are things like the German umlaut, any double byte characters (most Japanese and Chinese), and probably a few other characters. Usually you'll find these in the comments section of templates or if a label is hardcoded.

Edgar