cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid printing a balnk page at the end in the Adobe form output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can anyone please let me know as how to avoid/delete the blank page at the end of adobe form output.

I have a master page with header n footer and a body page seperate.

For ex.. I have 3 line items and i want each line item to be displayed in the new page. I am able to get this functionality . I have set the settings in the paginationb tab of the subform as

"after " Go to Next content Area" " but an extra page is getting printed at the end. 3 + 1 extra pages total. I want to avoid this blank page. I have checked the Allow page break with in content box but it is still not working.

Can someone guide me as how to solve this problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys,

Was this issue solved?

thanks,

Vishwanath S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey mahesh,

this normally happens because of triggering a new page manually, what u would have done is that you would be checking for the new line item and when this condition is satisfied , you are triggering a new page , the reason for the last blank page is that the condition gets satisfied ( beacuse the line item number changes from the last line item no to initial or space).

This can be handled by doing the following

By knowing the number of line items by the following stmt.

describe table itab lines v_lines.

Now you have the value in v_lines.

use a counter in ur form and keep it increasing it by 1 ( say v_sno ) ie v_sno = v_sno + 1 in the loop of ur internal table.

ONLY WHEN V_LINES IS LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO V_SNO , TRIGGER THE NEW PAGE

this should be along with the condition which u have already put, ie when ever line item no changes

when both these conditions are satisfied , then only the new page will be triggered.

Hope it helps,

Reward if useful,

Regards,

KP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna. I am aware of this as we do in scripts or smartforms but i do not know how to implemet this in Adobe forms as we cannot write the code in ABAP. we have to write in either Java script or FormCalc. I am not aware of what to write and where to write in Adobe forms. Any help would be really appreciated.

Looking forward for the reply..

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, were you able to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the line where you are trying to print the line item.

Does it fit inside the width of the window that you have specified. Is there any blank spaces after the last column is printed. If there are spaces also the control will go to the next page to print the blank spaces.

Regards,

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. But i have very limited data and also i have resized my subforms in the Adobe. Actually i could see one extra blank page at the end in tyhe design of layout itself.

I am getting this blank page whern i am trying to implement the

new page functionality for each new line item. In the pagination tab i am setting the After field as 'Go to Next content area'. after doing this each line item is getting printed on new page and also one blank master page i could see at the end in the design stage itself.(so i guess its not with data problem as the problem is at the design stage itself). I am doing something wrong with new page functionality.

Please advise.

Thanks,

mahesh

Edited by: Mahesh Bussa on Jul 22, 2008 3:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

This happens when the data does not fit on one page and overflows onto another page.

As you have mentioned, you want to print just the one line item for every page.

Try reformatting or resizing the window width and size.

We had the same problem in SAP scripts earlier, after lot of debugging and analysis we found that the issue was with the window specifications. We modified those after lot of trial and error and we managed to get only the required number of pages, without the blank page at the end of all the pages.

cheers,

Sushil Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushil. But i have very limited data and also i have resized my subforms in the Adobe. Actually i could see one extra blank page at the end in tyhe design of layout itself.

I am getting this blank page whern i am trying to implement the

new page functionality for each new line item. In the pagination tab i am setting the After field as 'Go to Next content area'. after doing this each line item is getting printed on new page and also one blank master page i could see at the end in the design stage itself.(so i guess its not with data problem as the problem is at the design stage itself). I am doing something wrong with new page functionality.

Please advise.

Thanks,

mahesh