cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert watermark into background of Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to insert watermark into background of Crystal Report.

Regards,

Neetu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you design a report so a pre-printed form or a watermark underlies the data on the report?

Resolution

Use the 'Underlay following section' formatting option to achieve this.

1. Create an additional Page Header section:

· Right-click the gray area to the left of the Page Header section

- Select 'Insert section below'

This inserts a second Page Header, so you now have a Page Header - a and a Page Header - b.

2. Re-size the Page Header - a section so it is the height of the page.

3. Insert the bitmap image (a .BMP file) of the pre-printed form or logo for the watermark into the Page Header -a section.

4. Go to Format | Section to open the Section Expert window, and select the Page Header - a section.

5. Select the 'Underlay following section' option.

6. Close the Section Expert.

The bitmap image in Page Header - a now appears beneath all the sections that come after it, up to the Page Footer.

The Page Headers and Page Footers cannot exceed the vertical size of the report.

NOTE: =====

Ensure that you suppress the Page Footer of the report because the Page Header cannot underlay the Page Footer.

===========

More Information

-

-

If you have lines or boxes that disappear under the bitmap, see article number c2009716 for a solution at our support site:

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neetu Dhami,

I tried to find this article (c2009716 ), but not able to find it.

can you provide me the link

Best regards

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See Crystal Reports 2011: Add a Watermark to a Report

If that does not help, please create a new Discussion

- Ludek

SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have also been trying to insert a watermark to a report with lines to no avail. I am still using Crystal 8.5, and so templates appear to not be an option for me. Actually, I'm not sure because our Admin still hasn't installed the help files so I can't use the help.

Anyway, I have come up with a workaround:

- Create a text field

- Make the width as wide as the line needs to be.

- Make the height as small as possible.

- Then, apply a bottom (or top, left, or right) border to suit.

Of course, this is not a good solution if you have a ton of lines/boxes on the report, but ok if you have one or two. And there may be some formatting limitations but it's better than nothing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

to use watermark, divide your section, put the image in the first one and the datafields in 2nd, open section expert and select "underlay following section"

Best regards