cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Parameter Record Limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to resolve the issue with the 1,000 record limit when using a dynamic parameter for filtering selection in Crystal Reports XI. I have seen similar questions on the board, but I was unable to follow the link where there was said to be a solution.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

For performance reasons, in Crystal Reports XI Release 1 and Release 2 the maximum number of values that are returned for a list of values is set to 1000. If you have a cascading List of Values (for example Country > Region > City), the lowest level (in this case City) will only display a maximum of 1000 values. This means that the higher-level prompts may display far fewer values than you expect. The list of values provides the data for the dynamic parameter list.

Solution :

To increase the maximum number of values available in a dynamic parameter list, you must add a registry key.

(Caution : The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. For information on how to edit the registry key, view the 'Changing Keys and Values' online Help topic in the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files (System.dat and User.dat on Win9x computers) before you edit the registry.)

Crystal Reports XI Release 1

1. Create a registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV.

( NOTE : Alternatively, you can create the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV and that key will override the settings of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV key.)

2. Add a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum number of values that you desire for your report. For example, a value of 2000 will return up to 2000 values in the lowest level of a cascading parameter. NOTE: The value 0 (Unlimited) will not work with BusinessObjects Enterprise XI or Crystal Reports Server XI, you must specify another value.

( NOTE: The higher the number of values is, the longer it will take the Enter Values dialog box to populate with values.)

3. After making changes to the registry, restart the affected service or application as required.

Crystal Reports XI Release 2

1. Create a registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV.

( NOTE : Alternatively, you can create the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV and that key will override the settings of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV key.)

2. Add a string value "MaxRowsetRecords" and set the value to the maximum number of values that you desire for your report. For example, a value of 2000 will return up to 2000 values in the lowest level of a cascading parameter.

( NOTE : The value 0 (Unlimited) will not work with BusinessObjects Enterprise XI or Crystal Reports Server XI, you must specify another value.)

3. After making changes to the registry, restart the affected service or application as required.

Regards,

Abhijeet Taskar.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

My dynamic list has almost 3,000 choices(list of suppliers). Instead of having the end user try to guess which page their "choice" is in, is it possible to allow the end user to type in their choice as an additional option to make a selection ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either you can use sorted LOVs or you can use filter that is displayed just below the list of suppliers. If its not there you have to modify crystal report properties file. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

A filter sounds promising. How does one go about setting one up ?

Is that something you set up when you create a parameter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. Following tool bar is displayed by default on prompt page whenever your records are below default limit (200 i guess). An you can always change this limit.

0 Kudos

I learned something new today ! Thanks !

Does the filter allow wild cards ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Off course. Try and see.

0 Kudos

Are the wildcards to be used  * and ? or the SQL wildcard % ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I mistakenly mixed two different things. You can't use wildcard here. But you can use sub-string (case insensitive) search.

Example: you have a list of records

ABCA1

BABCB

XYZA1

if you add filter (without quotes) like "ABC" or "abc'"

you should get results such as:

ABCA1

BABCB

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have same problem. I am using CR Designer 2013 for client and SAP BI Plateform 4.1 installed on AIX machine. Above solution worked with CR Designer only. How can I configure keys for BO Server (AIX) where there is no registry keys so that I can get it working with BO launch pad and CMC?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Useful Information. Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. All set!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I have to make the registry settings on the server or on every client computer?

regards

Peter Buys

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For viewing reports in Enterprise you would only need to create the reg keyon the server.

For reports viewed in Crystal Reports you would need to make the change on the machines that CR is installed on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

:=) it works thanx

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am using InfoView to view the reports which displays a list of 1000 records. On the server I got CR 2008 BO Enterprise. I am wounding what would be the registry key on the server?

Can anyone please give an idea?

GJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

This setting seems to work on CR developer PC, but what change needs to be made so that reports viewed from within InfoView also have this limit taken off from?