Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Delimit in Table maintenance view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a maintenance view for a custom table which has begin and end dates as part of the key fields. I want to activate the Delimit functionality on SM31 so we can have a history of the changes. Do you know how to activate this option? Please help!

Thanks, Chuong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

> so we can have a history of the changes. Do you know how to activate this option?

Chuong

Please try this way

SE11 >Utilities> Table maintenance generator --> Environment -->Generate time dependent

I think End date should be primary key .

14 REPLIES 14

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tru to use Table maintenace generator events, for updating the change documents (CDHDR & CDPOS)

0 Kudos

Hi A@S,

It is not the history in the change pointer tables that I am interested in. It is the Delimit button on the GUI status in SM31 when you maintain a custome table. If I delimit the end date of a person, it will change the end date of the existing person to system date and create a new entry for the same person with a different start date.

Example:

PERSON1, 2008-01-01, 9999-12-31

After delimiting,

PERSON1, 2008-01-01, 2008-07-28

PERSON1, 2008-07-29, 9999-12-31

Thanks, Chuong

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

> so we can have a history of the changes. Do you know how to activate this option?

Chuong

Please try this way

SE11 >Utilities> Table maintenance generator --> Environment -->Generate time dependent

I think End date should be primary key .

0 Kudos

I tried to Generate time dependent, but it still does not work.

Chuong

0 Kudos

I think your End date should be primary key and start date not be primary key in the table.

I am not 100% sure about this.

0 Kudos

It works if one of the two dates is key. However, it just updated the dates of the existing record, but did not create a new entry with a new date range. Do you know why?

Chuong

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible via SE11 . in SAP HR you define u201Ctime constrain u201C in table u201CV_T582Au201D for all ITs . If I want to do something like this , I will probably look at module pool logic of any IT .

Thanks,

Saquib Khan

FYI

Time Constraint

A time constraint indicates whether more than one infotype record may be available at one time. The following time constraint indicators are permissible:

o 1: An infotype record must be available at all times. This record may have no time gaps. You may not delete the record last stored on the database because all records of this infotype would otherwise be deleted.

o 2: Only one record may be available at one time, but time gaps are permitted.

o 3: Any number of records may be valid at one time, and time gaps are permitted.

Other possible time constraint indicators are as follows:

o A: Only one record may ever exist for this infotype. It is valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999. Splitting is not permissible.

View V_T582B Infotypes Which are Created Automically controls whether the system automatically creates the infotype record for an employee hiring or an applicant data entry action.

Infotypes with time constraint A may not be deleted.

o B: Only one record may ever exist for this infotype. It is valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999. Splitting is not permissible.

Infotypes with time constraint B may be deleted.

o T: The time constraint varies depending on the subtype.

o Z: Refers to time management infotypes. The time constraint for these infotypes depends on the time constraint class defined in view V_T554S_I Absence: General Control. Collision checks are defined in view V_T554Y Time Constraint Reaction.

0 Kudos

Thanks Saquib Khan for your helpful answer.

Chuong

0 Kudos

I´m facing the same Problem!

Did you solve it? If so: HOW??

I´m gettting mad searching the web for answers...

0 Kudos

HI Chuong Le 

I am faving probelm .If you are able to fix this issue .Please post the Answer .

Thanks

kamesh

Moderator Message - Continue with your own thread -

Message was edited by: Suhas Saha

0 Kudos

Hi

I found solution for this bug .Its the probelm generating Table maintanance .

Regenarate the Table maintainance with time dependent .and Make sure ENDDA is key feild and Go to funtion group of Table .

Funtion gruop->Screens -> PBO

PBO

LOOP AT EXTRACT WITH CONTROL

TCTRL_<Cutom table > CURSOR NEXTLINE.

MODULE LISTE_SHOW_LISTE.

MODULE LISTE_DEACTIVATE. " check this module is present or not if not maually paste it .

ENDLOOP.

PAI

Make sure below code in PAI.

CHAIN.

FIELD <Custom table>-ENDDA .

FIELD <Custom table>-_FD-BEGDA .

MODULE TEMP_DELIMITATION ON CHAIN-REQUEST. " " check this module is present or not if not maually paste it .

ENDCHAIN.

FIELD VIM_MARKED MODULE LISTE_MARK_CHECKBOX.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the post! Was really useful for my issue.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to achieve this. I have a similar requirement.

Thanks.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP online help give information on Time-Dependent Table/View prerequisites.

Structure

The table/view must contain two fields for the start and end dates. One of these fields must be in the key, the other must be the first non-key field in the table/view.

The following data elements must be assigned to the fields:

• for the start date Field name BEGDA or Data element BEGDATUM or Data element VIM_BEGDA or Data element BEGDA
  • for the end date Field name ENDDA or Data element ENDATUM or Data element VIM_ENDDA or Data element ENDDA.

All four data elements are in the domain DATUM.

Regards,

Raymond