Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a Printer ? -> LP01

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Easy question for the sdn'ers:

I need to add a printer in my SRM 4.0. I used transaction SPAD to configure the default (local) printer LP01. But it doesnt print =(

What I need to do in order to enable the default (local) printer ? All my endusers are spreaded over several locations, impossible to add/identify the printers for everybody, etc. How can I solve this ?

Thank you

Regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lol Diego,

First be aware that your end users will not be abble to use this printer through IE: they will print through IE function. <u>In fact the "default printer" use in SAP system is only possible using SAPGUI.</u>

If your need is to have a central edition on the printer, you'll have to configure the conditional edition through customizing.

Regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

Mmm.. I think I dont understand at all.

The requirement is: my puchasers are using the Sourcing Cookpit, several of my suppliers dont have an email. So, the purchasers need to print the PO and then send it via fax.

How can I purchaser print the PO ? If they select the printer (for output), the printers there are not working. =(

What should I configure in order to enable PO printing ?

pd: Is a little bit late in France, isnt it ?

Best regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi diego,

you can use badi (definition : BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF) to manage printer for each purchaser.

You have to check if smartform is enabled for this.

Regards,

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

The IE interface does not allow you to use the 'Default Printer' definition as when you're using the SAPGUI.

In a SAP system (SRM, R/3, ...) when you define a 'default printer', the idea is to have an 'abstract' definition in the system, and when the user uses this printer through the SAPGUI, it is the SAPGUI that is targeting the user default printer (defined localy on the user PC or laptop in windows).

So for your need you have 3 possibilities:

1-define all the user printers in the system and assign them to the users (either in the Org plan, or with the BADI mentioned by Bertrand)

==> Consider it means a high workload and maintenance

2-use the preview function and print the PO locally through Acrobat Reader

==> You'll have to modify the preview form to erase the PREVIEW mention

3-customize the PO to be sent to the purchaser by email, and then the purchaser will be abble to print it and fax it

==> You'll have to customize the conditional edition, and probably change the recipient determination

PS: If you still don't understand give me a call

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

You should be able to change the mail recipients in the BADI given by BERTRAND for point 3.

Have fun.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Thanks for your response, I'll request basis people to add some printers (purchase area).

I'll assign their printer attribute in the Org. Model and voila 😃

Ill let you know the results tomorrow

Best regards,

Diego

Answers (0)