cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Family/Dependent Changes | Please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client requirement is to modify family / Dependent/ emergency details Iview of ESS.

The Iview has these parts :

User has the provision to Overview,add New Child,add New spouse, add new Emergeny Contact details.

When I looked into this, all these actions pulls-up the same Iview with all the fields in it. I have hidden some of the fields for the Family/Dependent Iview, which also getting reflected in Emergey contact as the same Iview is being called from there. But my client still wants to hide some more fields for emergency contact details alone.How this is possible?

1.Is it designed for all these actions(New child, New Spouse, Edit Existing dependents, Emergency details) to use the same Iview? If it is the same Iview, if I change the detailed view fields for one purpose, it get reflects in all the cases which I am not happy with.

2.Is some thing missing in R/3 configuration, which is causing this to happen. I saw R/3 setting and it shows as follows in IMG:

Country Infotype subtype Usecase

10 21 1 B2

10 21 2 B3

10 21 7 B3

How could I eliminate some more fields from Emergency view alone, and not from any other views(child/spouse). with this FPM frame work I am finding hard. Please help me out.

We are in : ERP 2005(ECC 6.0) Portal 7.0. Helpful answers would be awarded full points.

Thanks,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

About this issue, Can you elaborate in detail i.e. screenshot, what exactly you have done in config. then further I can dig this issue.

r_kumar555attherateyahoo.ca

it seems you have to do thru webdynpro program.

Thanks,

Kumar

Edited by: r kumar on Aug 6, 2008 8:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar, I haven't done any configuration changes!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

Config I mean portal customization not R3 side.

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I have hidden all the common fields through portal personalization.

To hide the some more fields from the Emergency View alone I did following.

1.Crete a context variable (eg: DisabilityStatus_Visibility) of type Web Dynpro VISIBILITY.

2.In wdDoModifyView() of the detail view I just included IF statement

if (wdContext.currentSubtypesElement().getSubtype().equals("7"))

{

wdContext.currentContextElement().setDisabilityStatus_Visibility(WDVisibility.NONE);

}

3.Repeat the same thing in Review View as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari & All

Looks like you have to put in place a strong change management process at your clients end.

My client asked us to do similar adjustments in Family members and dependents . Just to satisfy the client we hide fields columns buttons etc. It is like client wanting to test SAP Labs skills and Consultants skills instead of using Best practices available n this good HCM software

Now later what happened is there were changes to thsi service released by SAP once we applied the patch we started getting problem that the 3rd record in Family members infotype display appears with blank header SAP labs is still working on it and our OSS is open with them for some months now .

Now we have nitiated a change management process at the clients end where standard functionality is being used to avoid client/users/coreteams coming up with changes which do not actually provide any benefit in the best practice implementation.

regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, that is out of my scope Pravin. Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think I was able to get rid of the fields , that clients don't wanna see. I created one context element of Web Dynpro Visibility type, and attached it to the visibility property of the fields i don't wanna see in run time.

For the subtype "7" alone in wdDoModifyView of details View, I have set the visibility property to "NONE".:)

But still I don't like this customisation stuff : Even though you hide the fields(by any means), but these fields still come-up in the review page, which is not up to the mark.

Thanks all for your help.

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It comes up in the Review screen since that is a separate view...so you need to do the same thing in the Review view wddoModify() method....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, this is bad design right? there should be sync between details and review page. Every change you do in details page you have redo the same in review page ..

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You should be able to achieve it via personalisation or the tables which i mentioned earlier, Please check which country you are using for. Thats important!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

i dont know how you have hide the fields in ivew

To hide a field for Iview in Webdynpro we do like this.

Go to Contant Admin locate the iView and right click you see the option Preview click on Preview

in the preview mode ctl + Right click mouse it opens personaliztion mode you can change/hide there.

Please let me know if you still face problem.

Please reward points if helpful

Thanksyou,

Regards

Vijai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijai,

That is how I did. I have hidden all the fields with Ctrl+Right click in content admin, preview mode.

The set-up here is like this:

When I open Family/Dependent Iview, I see the overView page(Bizcard View) along with buttons: Edit, Delete, Add Spouse, Add Children, New Emergency Contact . When I click on any of these buttons(except delete), Here I see all these operations brings-up the single Iview internally (Family/Dependent View). In case of Edit with pre-filled fields and in all other cases new view with blank fields so that end user can enter details.

Now the problem is, when I click New Emergency Contact , as it opens same Family/Dependent View to enter the details, I wanted to hide some more fields from appearing. How could I do that for this single operation alone.

Earlier I haven't worked on Family/Dependent View. First of all I am not sure whether FPM should bring-up same view for all these actions. I am thinking that there could be some configuration problem in R/3 side.

Please some one clarify me on this is how it is supposed to work. I am not sure, if I am confusing. Please help me.

Thanks,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harikrishna,

There is no way you can achieve this thru personalization or configuration in R/3 ....what you have to do is goto the Webdynpro application -> Detail view and check for the subtype in the wddomodify() method and then hide/display fields accordingly...

Hope it helps.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

please try to use personalisation or

Also check the config in V_T588MFPROPC.

In these table one do not have the facility to control on subtype level.

if you will hide the fields then that will be removed from all the

subtypes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Siddharth. Personalization means, in web dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I use a personalisation in portal, as this is common Iview being shared for dependents and emergency contact details, changes will reflect in both Iviews. I think this doesn't server the purpose. I wanted to confirm there is no configuration missing in r/3. Else I have to start coding in web dynpro for emergency contact details button of family/dependent Iview, where in I have to hide some fields daynamically, this is time consuming and not easy to maintain.