cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics of SAP BASIS, installing SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm very new to SAP BASIS, please guide me through some blogs or links, which give the basics of SAP BASIS.

Specifically, I'm looking for SAP ECC 6.0 , R/3 4.7, 4.6 installation.

One question which is on top of mind is regarding the modules.

When we install, SAP ECC or R/3, do the SAP modules(MM,SD,FI/CO..) get installed or do we have to separate installation of these modules.

Kindly help me out, in resolving this basic questions.

Regards,

Younus.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts. I am installing new SAP in my system , I am stuck in this point which is showing in the image below . I try to find the answer of this error message from SCN but wasn't succeed. Help me out asap.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The driectory/entry point for the desired DVD SAPInst wants to use is wrong...SAPinst needs to read the file LABEL.ASC in order to find the correct installation media...is there any LABEL.ASC within the directory you privided?

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ,

I am also  new for SAP basis,

help me learning.

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your replies.

By this time I got a little idea about SAP BASIS.

Where can we find the documentation about these modules and other stuff.

Specifically I'm looking for info on understanding the SAP R/3 architecture, ABAP and the modules.

thanks for your help.

regards,

Younus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you actually have a look on the link Fidel provided? Just just need to click on it...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look for the below mentioned terminologies in "http://help.sap.com" :-

1> Message Server, Dispatcher, ICM

2> SDM, JSPM

3> Central Services, Instances

ABAP + Java Architecture - SAP Architecture - http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/e1/b5443e02a9ab4186a6e1240a9a2455/frameset.htm

Do award points if helpful for you. Also let me know in case you are seeking any other specific information.

Thank you.

Regards,

Manomeet Mohapatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear all,

>

> I'm very new to SAP BASIS, please guide me through some blogs or links, which give the basics of SAP BASIS.

>

> Specifically, I'm looking for SAP ECC 6.0 , R/3 4.7, 4.6 installation.

>

> One question which is on top of mind is regarding the modules.

> When we install, SAP ECC or R/3, do the SAP modules(MM,SD,FI/CO..) get installed or do we have to separate installation of these modules.

>

> Kindly help me out, in resolving this basic questions.

>

> Regards,

> Younus.

MM, SD, FI/CO, HCM and more are all part of the R/3 install. ECC 6 includes even more stuff. Basically, just ask yourself "what other products does SAP have?". SAP has EP, CRM, SRM, GRC, etc. SO basically, everything not covered outside of R/3 logically will be covered inside of R/3 (true 99% of the time, except for applications like GTS .. which can exist outside or inside of R/3, weird huh?).

As for "Basics of SAP BASIS". Fact is, after doing this for 8 years, I still have no idea what that means. I do everything that application support do not do. I am the DBA, OS Admin, I do storage design, DB design. In addition to SAP upgrades, install, trouble shooting, I also do ABAP performance tuning and writing specs for new applications. Lastly, throw being a Tech PM on researching new business functionality around ESOA and new SAP NW components. That so far, is what "Basis" mean to me.

So, best of luck, never give up, be intuitive, and learn from your mistakes. That's about as much suggestion as I can give you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definitely read the installation guides from Fidel's post. They won't make much sense until you try to do the install, but when you do it'll all come together. B)

You don't need to install the modules separately, they are part of the database load.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You have the "official" SAP documentation here:

http://help.sap.com

For installations you must read the documentation provided by SAP. You only need it and the SAP notes referenced in that document.

The documents are available on

http://service.sap.com/instguides