Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY maximum length

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that function REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY has a maximum field length of 128 characters. At least this is all that I can get it to display.

What I would like for it to do it to take a string field, I don't care how much it displays in ABAP, but pass along the entire contents of the field to Excel when that button is clicked.

Has anyone succeeded in displaying more than 128 characteres in a field? I have tried setting the outputlen and ddic_len fields, but that did not change anything.

Janice Ishee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

When displaying records in grid it will display 1st 128 chars. But if u print it or see the print preview then u can see the exact length of the field.

Regards.

JOy.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi look at these..

Former Member
0 Kudos

When displaying records in grid it will display 1st 128 chars. But if u print it or see the print preview then u can see the exact length of the field.

Regards.

JOy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer the below link for more clarification.

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=17772545&messageID=5935303

Regards

Guru

0 Kudos

Guru

I cannot get this link to work. Whether I click on it, copy and paste it into the url line, or type it in, it still comes back to this original sdn page. I do have my popup blocker off.

Janice

0 Kudos

Hello,

Declare fields each of length 128 .

Split the string into 128 characters in each of the fields. Set a variable as well to indicate that the field is populated

For each field populated set visibility to show the field using ALV methods set_visiblity.

-Magesh