cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Input Session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a interface where in I have to read data from the application server .. process it & submit to RFBIBL00 .. then I goto SM35 & process the session.. my query is that in real time when this interface goes to production how is it then run as no manual intervention is required there ... or do I have to code in my program to process the session ?

Thank You,

SB.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to run your session immediately after creating it by RFBIBL00, you should use ths std program RSBDCSUB:

• Create the session

SUBMIT RFBIBL00 WITH DS_NAME = VA_FILE

WITH CALLMODE = CALLMODE AND RETURN.

• Run the session:

IF CALLMODE = 'B' AND P_NOW = 'X'.

SUBMIT RSBDCSUB WITH MAPPE = BGR00-GROUP "Session Name

WITH VON = SY-DATUM

WITH BIS = SY-DATUM

WITH FEHLER = ' '

• In this way RSBDCSUB user doesn't see the list showing * the result of execution

EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY AND RETURN.

ENDIF.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

What does FEHLER stand for .. & what is the purpose.

Thank You,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you set that parameter, you arrange the program to run again an incorrect session, and this isn't your situation, because you want to run a new session.

So you should clear that parameter, because it's equal to 'X' by default.

Infact if you look at the abap code of RSBDCSUB, you could find out this:

PARAMETERS FEHLER LIKE D0100-ERR AS CHECKBOX DEFAULT 'X'.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

I tried processing my session directly thru RSBDCSUB ...

I see the output displayed report saying "Submit RSDBCBTC not successfully executed (see SYSLOG)" ... so I go to SM35 there I see that my session status is still "New" .. the error report also gives me the queue id ... but in SM35 I cannot find any report with this id ... where can I find what's the analysis given by that queue id ?

Thank You,

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM35 I select the session, click process in background mode , it gives an info msg "Unable to schedule session Sess_Name.".. Has it do with authorization rights then ??

Thank You,

SB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to see your authorization in your profile, check this object S_BDC_MONI.

Max

Message was edited by: max bianchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

& how do I check that ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run the session from SM35, and see if you get a message online.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See your profile by using trx SU01.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you run the transaction SM35 for this session online, you should get a message which tells you that you are not authorized to run the session.

But 'No sessions processed' could be a result of bad 'session name' or 'session not closed before submit RFBIBL00' etc.

Easiest way to find out is comment out the submit logic. Create the session and go to SM35 and try to process it. See if you are able to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

In you above sample code p_now = 'X'. is giving error... I do not find P_NOW in RFBIBL00 or RSBDCSUB ..I think I should give here Z_VERARB = 'X'.. is this correct ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Srinivas I am able to process it in foreground but problem is coming when I say process in background .. it gives "Unable to schedule session Sess_Name."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

P_STOP was my parameter to give a chance to user to decide if he wants to run the session immediately or by SM35.

So you can delete that control.

Yes you should set the parameter Z_VERARB, but it' setted by default, so it's useless to do that.

I think you have some problem to run the program in background mode.

Try to run your progam (an abap list for example) in background and say to us if you can do it.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

> H Srinivas I am able to process it in foreground but

> problem is coming when I say process in background ..

> it gives "Unable to schedule session Sess_Name."

So in SM35, instead of choosing 'Process online', if you choose 'process in background', you are getting this error. Am I correct?

If that is true, then may be you don't have authorization for running in the background. Go to SE38 and execute your program in the background and see what error you get. If you don't get any error and you are able to see your background job running properly in SM37, then it must be something else.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanx for the help Max... one more question when I display the program RFBIBL00 I see all the parameters with which the program gets submitted , but in RSBDCSUB program I cannot see all the parameters like FEHLER ... how did you determined these ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the PATTERN functionality of your abap editor:

- choose "Other pattern" and insert SUBMIT, press enter and give the name of the report you want to submit.

Now the system write the SUBMIT statament for all parameters of the report.

Anaway by SE38 you can also see the selction screen of the report you need to submit.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I ran my Z prog . in the debug mode ... & when it executes Submit RSDCSUB statement an info msg at the bottom of the screen comes as "0 sessions trnsferred to backbround processing".... & also displays an report ... Sess_name, date, time, job no., queue id , then next line "Submit RSDBCBTC not successfully executed (see SYSLOG)" . also I am not authorized for SM37 ... I have asked for it to the basis guys ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

So that is what is happening in your case that when you are submitting RSBDCSUB, system creates a background job to process the sessions and if you don't have authorization for either creating background jobs or executing background jobs, then this fails.

Let us know how it goes after you get the authorization.

Srinivas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SB,

I(SRIDHAR MENDA)am working on interface only.

REQUIREMENT:To upload the excel file to r/3 and i will submit PROGRAM:RFBIBL00 and transaction which i using for recording is FBV1.

Please send program to me .I think that may help me in development.

Iam waiting for your response.

GOOD ANSWER WILL GET BEST REWARD.

Regards.

SridharMenda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this for an example of how to submit RSBDCSUB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can plan the tasks in a job with multible steps:

1. Your program

2. RFBIBL00

3. RSBDCSUB

Regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mayer,

Can you please explain this more in detail?

Thank You,

SB.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey SB,

You already have the first two parts done.. all you want now is to automate the session processing and avoid going to SM35.. for that you can use the report RSBDCSUB as usggested above & submit your session name as the input parameter..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well in my case then the session name is increamenting order so I capture that in a variable & pass it to the statment Submit RSBDCSUB ... and how will I get the parameters that I need to pass to this program ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run program RSBDCSUB online and see the parameters on the selection screen. Then in your program that creates the sessions, submit RSBDCSUB with the session name(you just created it, so you have its name).

Srinivas

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SB,

Use the following

data w_mappe type D0100_MAPN.

*Store the session name in this variable.

submit RSBDCSUB with mappe = w_mappe

and return.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I ran the prg RSBDCSUB it did not get execute successfully .. & msg was given see SYSLOG ... How do I see the SYSLOG ?/

Thank You,

SB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

When I run RSBDCSUB thru my program an info msg is displayed " No sessions was processed"... any idea y it is giving this error ... though I see a new session being created in SM35 ...

Thank You,

Seema.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SB,

Where did you put the SUBMIT statement? after BDC_CLOSE_SESSION ?

Regards,

Suresh Datti