cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open PO commitment report, for non-account assigned line material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

Where can i find a report that gives me the open PO commitment, without any account assignment on the PO?

Meaning it is a warehouse material, but at the end of the period, I need to know wha`t is my commitment, and compare that to my budget.

I know I can get this information at the time of goods receipt, but my point is that I haven`t received the goods yet, and need to know what are my commitments.

I hope I was clear.

Thanks

Fotso

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run Following Standard Reports with Selection Parameters WE101

ME2M Material Wise

ME2N PO Number wise

ME2L Vendor Wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are MM reports, and only give me the open PO's. I am looking for a report that would give the information at the cost element level, in other to compare commitments and budget.

Thank you

Fotso

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since purchasing for stock createds no commitment in CO, you have to use logistic reports. ME2K/ME2M/ME2L, for example.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not an FI/CO expert, but I would imagine a plant or a storage location is linked to a cost center. Therefore when there is a GR for a stock PO, the quantity and value goes to a GL and that Cost Center (FS00).

For the plant, there is some budget for stock purchasing. There is no way to have a report in FI/CO that will compare the open PO's with the budget at the end of a period (month, year)? in order to know what is already commited?

In MM I will only get part of the information, meaning the commitment, but not the other part, the budget.

Fotso.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you purchase to stock (and this is the situation, if I understood correctly), the G/L account is a balance sheet account and it has no cost element. Therefore, no CO document (commitment) is created. Also, when you get a GR, there is no document in CO, no profit&loss account is involved.

Storage location is not linked to cost centre, as it is not a cost collector entity.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

So how come when I look the material document generated by the system at the time of GR, in the document list in accounting, I see an accounting document and a controlling document?

When I open the accounting document, I see 2 GL accounts, and when I open the controlling document, I see the cost center number.

Is there s configuration that allows this and that is not standard?

Rgds

Fotso

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fotso,

That's strange, indeed... Are you sure that the PO in question has no 'K' in account assignment per line item? Could you look at the account (FS03), where the document is posted, and tell me whether it's balance sheet account?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Positive. There is no K on the line on my PO.

And in FS03, it is a P&L statement account.

What difference does it make?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, generally if you buy to stock, it should be balance sheet account, since it is not a cost, but rather an investment. When you issue your goods, only then it becomes a cost and should be posted on P&L.

Anyway, if it is P&L in your case and you have CO document, why don't you use this report S_ALR_87013648 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I am having an issue right now with this transaction. When I run it, I get the message "Program 1SET does not exist". Anyway, this is an other issue.

Will that report give information on the cost center even if I haven't received my goods yet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eli,

Report S_ALR_87013648 does not give me the open PO's value.

Any other suggestion?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The column of commitments should represent the open PO/PR.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I indeed see something in the column. But when I double-click on the value, the system open the "Actual Cost Line for Cost Center" and there is no values.

Anything I need to configure, generate?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should look at commitment line items and not at actual (equivalent to KSB2 report). If it's not defined as a drill down report (and it's not by standard), you can add it in the report group via GR52 (report group 1SET). Push on 'Configure' button in 'Report/Report interface' section, select an option to add another report, select other type of report and choose the transaction I mentioned above.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

When i do exactly what you mentioned above, the system just add a new report which is "Range: Actual/Budget/Commitments

", which comes to the tcode.

So the drill-down lead me to the tcode again.

When I pressed "Configure" in the section Report/report interface, I saw there was already the receiver report "Cost Center: Actual Line Items".

So I guess I should add something similar to "Cost Center: Commitment Line Items". How can I do that?

Thank you

Fotso

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly, as I described in the previous message. Here is 'Step-by-step':

- push 'add' button

- select 'other type' of report

- choose transaction type

- enter transaction KSB2 (which is 'commitment line items')

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

On the commitment line, I only see open PO's with cost center assigned.

Maybe other report?

Thank you

Fotso

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's what you asked, did not you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, maybe you misunderstood.

On my PO, there is no account assignment category. Meaning I don't enter any cost center. But the cost center is derived from the GL determined for the material (FS00????).

On my commitment report, I wanted to see all open PO's for that cost center.

PLease let me know if you understand.

Fotso.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! So, when you execute the report fill this cost centre as parameter...

Does this PO to stock creates a CO document or not? Go to the PO and click on the 'Environment - AC Commitments'. If it does, then you will be able to see them in financial report. If it does not, which is the case in all the projects I took part, then go to logistic reports as I suggested in the first place or create your own combining the data from the budget and logistic tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I don't see any CO document from my PO. Even though my GL account is a P&L account.

So are you confirming that there is no such a report in the standard system for Stock PO's?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If PO does not create a commitment document, apparently, it would not be possible to see it in CO reporting which is the only place to show budget along with the actuals/commitments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Eli for all your help and patience.

Fotso.