cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Import Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to work in SAP MDM Import Server.

I have already worked in SAP MDM Import Manager.

I need to know a more about SAP MDM Import Server.

Is it an application?

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to Import through Import Server.

I tried it in 2 ways:

1> I created a Remote System and Port(Input).

2> I created an Import Map through Import Manager.

Now, the big question where did the Import Map get saved.

I never got the location of the Import Map created by me in Import Manager.

So, it was not possible to Import it through Import Server.

2nd way:

2> I created an XML and XSD file.

Just wanted to Import 1 single record though that file.

But I am getting an error message.

-

Error: Unable to register server in System Landscape Directory: Call to SLDREG Utility in \usr\sap\sldreg failed, Error = 0x1.

Set proper value for parameter 'SLDReg Utility Path' in server configuration file.

If you are not using SLD, set parameter 'SLD Registration' to false in server configuration file so that the server does not try to register with SLD. This will avoid this error in the future.

This step is failing:--- "When MDIS finishes an import, it moves the import file from the Ready folder to the Archive folder. The exception to this case is if MDIS encounters a structural error in the import file. In this case, the source file is moved to the StructuralX folder (for more information about structural errors, see Error Handling)."

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Edited by: Kaushik Banerjee on Aug 27, 2008 1:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I tried to Import through Import Server.

I tried it in 2 ways:

2> I created an Import Map through Import Manager.

Now, the big question where did the Import Map get saved.

I never got the location of the Import Map created by me in Import Manager.

So, it was not possible to Import it through Import Server.

1) You will have to open the import Manager with type as XML schema and mention the Schema and then the XML file.

Then perform the mapping and save the map in the Import Manager. You can then close the map from File->Close or just simply close the Import Manager Session.

2) After that, you can always open the Import Manager and go to File->Open.

3) You will see your Map there.

4) Create a Remote system of Type Inbound ( or Inbound/Outbound) and a port of type Inbound.

5) In the port settings, define the type as XML schema and mention the Import Map that you had saved in the port settings.Make the port as automatic. Place the source fiel in the Inbound ready folder.

6) If all the other config are done ( related to Import server, which you can also refer in a link in my above post) and if the Import server is running, it will automatically import the source file according to the mapping done in the Import Map you have saved in the port settings.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Importinng through Import server.:

- The point here is if you want to import a file automatically using an import server you need to perform two main settings

- MDIS.ini file settings and the port settings in console

- The import server will pick a source file automatically within the defined time span from the ports ready folder present in the MDM server path(mdm server->distribution->remote system->port->ready) in to MDM

- For this all the necessary setting for making the import possible needs to be set

- You need to use that source file for the first time and create a Map for it in Import manager.

- Select as port and the xml schema in the import manager first time window

- The selct the source and destination tabel within mdm,do the mapping,matching tab,import action everything

- Till thestep it shows ready to import.

- Here do not perform the import by pressing the ! mark but rather save this map

- File-> save->give a map name

- Then close the map and reopen and check if the map is opening using the given source and the map is stored under the right remote system

- Once this settings are done configure the MDIS.ini file

- and after this any source file with no schema change when palced in that ports raedy folder will get automatically imported.

You can folow this link to undesrtand teh settings in mdis.ini:

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is done sucessfully with xls file.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to place the Source Field in Ready folder?

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

You have to place the file manually in the ready folder if are working on a test scenario else an integrating system like Xi can palce the file in the ports ready folder for this you will ahve to make the ready folder as FTP enabled.

For manually placing the file all you have to do is navigate to the raedy folder from the MDM server path

MDM server->Distribution folder->Inbound->remote sytem->Port->Ready folder.

This path will be available on teh sytem where MDM si installed or if this path is made FTP enabeled

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

How to place the Source Field in Ready folder?

A ready folder is created as soon as you create a remote system and a port.

For every port, there are some folder which get created automatically. Among those folders, onw ill be the Ready folder.

Place the file there either manually or else using XI or Bi depending on the Source system.

you will have to go to the path where the MDM server is installed-> distribution folder-> Repository....

& your remote system & the Inbound Port

Place the file in the Ready folder and then it will be imported automatically with the help of Import server.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Kindly update this thread as well

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this Very Useful link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/ae/1e8b289b9a46ceb19adc3ee301a3bd/content.htm

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

MDM Import Server is used to make the import process automatic. It automatically picks the input file from the Ready folder of the specified port.

To make the process Automatic please check the below steps:

1. Open the import Manager and map all the fields and tables.

2. Save the map

3. Create a port in MDM Console of type Inbound and set the Processing Type=Automatic and assign the port name saved above.

4. ON the Service of MDM Import Server from the path Start-> Settings -> Control Pannel -> Administrative Tools -> Sevices -> MDM Import Server

Now Import Server scans all the ports for the input files to be imported and picks the file available in the Ready folder and import it depending upon the map. Status of import can be verified with the help of different folders available in the particular port.

There is a restriction on the number of records imported through Import Manager i.e. 50000. While there is no such limitation on using Import Server because IS automatically split the file into batches.

Note: If your Admin user has password, you need to specify the same in MDIS.ini file under your repository in front of PasswordE by removing E and restart Import Server.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

- Import Server is used whenever you want to automate teh process of importing data into MDM.

- Importing through the import server allows autoamtic import only through file exchange mechanism.The import source file must be placed in the inbound ready folder

- The port processing type must be changed to Automatic instead of manual

- The saved import map with all the matching field and the import actions selected in the map must be given in the ports properties.

- Besides this the MDIS.ini file must be configured.This file is present in the MDM server folder.

- In this configuration file you must mention the Repository Login details to connect to the specified rep like the username and the pwd.

- You must also mention the Time interval after which the server should start polling the automatic ports.(ie after what time interval you wish your source file to be imported in MDM).

- MDM Import server polls all the automatic ports sequentially and starts importing as and when it finds a source file in the inbound ready folder.

You can follow the below links which will guide you in the importing process futher:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5102beaf-0801-0010-8e93-fa2d47ba...

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM import server is a server side component which is taken care od by the BASIS group.There is nothing much you can do on import server other than starting and stopping it and few parameters that might require change.Its not an application.MDM import manager is the client side component and is an application on which you already worked.

If your MDM import server is not running you cannot use IMPORT Manager.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I need to work in SAP MDM Import Server.

I have already worked in SAP MDM Import Manager.

I need to know a more about SAP MDM Import Server.

Is it an application?

The Import Server is a separate MDM application that uses import maps created within the MDM Import Manager to automatically load source data files into a repository.

The MDM Import Server (MDIS) automates the task of importing source data into MDM repositories. It is designed to reduce the processing complexity, resource requirements.

To know more about MDM Import server, which is also called the MDIS, please follow the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/12036df94c3e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Go to MDM IMport Server (MDIS).

You will find the complete infomration about it.

You can find the complete process of Automated Import ansd Syndication in the link mentioned below:

Master Data Management Import Server and Master Data Management Syndication Server - Webinar Powerpoint

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain