cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error"Transaction CO through posting from FI has been locked"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am doing good issue against reservation with MIGO transaction and system is throwing the error "

*Transaction CO Through-postings from FI has been locked*

Message no. KI806

Diagnosis

Business transaction CO Through-postings from FI has been locked for controlling area STCA/000 in fiscal year 2008, period 9.

System response

The function cannot be executed for locked periods.

Procedure

Limit processing to the periods which are not locked, if possible.

If locked periods are necessary for processing, unlock them.

Execute

Now the problem is that we have opened the MM period of september month by mistake and FI period and CO period is not open of september. Any way we are posting the document of month August and system should allow in this case to post the document.

We have simulated the case in developemnt and when we open the FI & CO period of september then system is allowing the Good issue document on the month of august .

Can any body explain me why system is behaving in this manner???

Thanks,

AC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to "OKKP" and maintain under option "Activate components/control indicators" for the Controlling Area. Fiscal years maintained should be from year in which you have started using SAP, say 2008 to end date 9999.

Here activate Cost Objects and rest all as per requirement (Take help of CO Consultant)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

In OKKP it is maintained till date.

Thanks,

AC

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OKP1 here enter CO Area "STCA", Fiscal Year 2008 and Version as "0"

Now click on 'Actual" and here check whether "CO Through-postings from FI" has been locked for Period 09, if yes then Unlock it and then check.

Also consult with FICO guy to know why it has been locked?

Former Member

Thanks pankaj & Kishore for your valuable Inputs.

I have checked with T-code OKP1 and CO period was not open for the month of september and after opening the month of september document was posted. This thing we have already done with the help of FI guy.

My question is that if MM period differes than FI period then document will not be posted ???

Even though MM period was open for month 9 and FI period was open for month 8 then system should allow posting as I am posting in 8 period. MM period allow 1 month back posting.

can you clarify on this point...

Thanks

AC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi,

Use T - Code OKP1 ( Change Period Lock) to Unlcok the period for posting.

Regards,

Manojkumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to check your FI Periods properly as in some cases the MM Period Differs from the FI Period .

Goto OBY6 Check the Fiscal year variant being used.

Check the Periods maintained for the fiscal year variant in OB29.

Normally this type of issues come when the MM periods donot match with the FI periods

either you open the FI periods or wait for another 3 to 4 days for regular opening

Thanks & Regards

Kishore