cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report V10 - receiving "Not supported" message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report I've ran several times to successful completion. Recently the report runs to various points, then suddenly stops, providing only the message "Not supported". What is stopping the report from running to completion at times and stopping with this message other times? VERY frustrating so help would be greatly appreciated!! The customer needs this report ASAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia

Please let us know the exact error message. You can get the error details from the event viewer.

To view the details of an event (open the event viewer immediately after you get the error message), follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.

2. In the console tree, expand Event Viewer, and then click the log that contains the event that you want to view.

3. In the details pane, double-click the event that you want to view.

The Event Properties dialog box contains header information and a complete description of the error message.

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response! Of course, the report ran to completion this time but I have another similar report to run and will implement the information you provided and respond as soon as I get the error again. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourashree,

I ran a similar report this morning and received the "Not supported" message again. I followed the steps you provided to get to the Event Viewer. The error occurred around 8:08am this morning. The most recent record on the Event Viewer is 7:07am with the source being Symantec AntiVirus. I checked the settings for the Event Viewer and it indicates "All Records" are being displayed. I checked Application, Security, and System Log...just in case but there are no records for the time the error displayed. I have screen prints in a document, but I don't see where we can do attachments in this forum. What else can I do to help troubleshoot this problem? One other comment...the History table I'm going against is huge. If timing out is an issue, is there anything in Crystal that can help or would it all be database table driven?

Thanks!

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat

Under Event Viewer there are three options Application, Security and System.

If you didnot see any information in Application, please check System also and let us know if you find the details of the error message.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourashree,

I did check all three when I went in right after the error displayed and there were no records on any of the logs for that time. This situation and message has been a struggle...

Thanks,

Pat

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patricia,

I used to get this error to on an old machine with CR10 however it stopped after applying updates. I didn't clue in soon enough to figure out which update resloved it but you might want to apply SP5 for CR10 and see if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

You can try with SP5 .

Service pack 5 can be downloaded from [here|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

Hope this helps

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to the site you provided (Thank you!) but I didn't see SP5 for Crystal V10. There was SP5 for V9...would that work? I don't want to guess and create more problems. Thanks,

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia

Please search for Service Packs for CR 10 under the following link:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

Put the following:

Software Product: Crystal Reports

Product Version (optional) : 10

Software Type (optional) : Service Packs

In case you face any issues downloading the file please let us know.

Hope this helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourashree,

I did that and didn't see SP5 for V10. The only SPs I found for V10 were SP3 and SP6. There was a SP5, but it indicated it was for V9. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia

You can apply Service Pack 6 directly.

You can download service pack 5 for CR 10 from the following link:

http://www.2shared.com/file/3912336/6a6edde6/ce10win_en_sp5.html?

Please let me know if you face any issues while downloading the file.

Hope this helps!!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the link below. It has SP5 for Crystal Reports 10.

http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crystal_reports_en.a...

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the link...I found the SP5 and downloaded to my machine this morning. I did the restart and then reran the report that has been giving me grief. Unfortunately, the report ran for approximately a half hour and then gave me the "Not supported" message. I followed the previous instructions to see if anything appeared on the Event Viewer log but did not find anything under any of the options (Application, Security, or System Log). I was so optimistic this would help.... Are there any other ideas? Is there any way to tell if it's a timeout issue?

Thanks!

Pat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...I couldn't get the points selection to register and accidently hit the button indicating it was resolved but unfortunately, it isn't yet.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patricia,

If it were a timeout issue it would be a database timeout. Depending on the database type you are connecting to you should be able to see what is happening from the database server. For instance if you are using MSSQL you could use the Profiler utility to see the connection information.