cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI Error: Database Vendor Code:942

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a defined set of Dynamic Prompts in Business View Manager named "PortfolioOverview" When I check everything there I get no errors, I can see data etc... When I try to run my Crystal Report using this prompt I get the error: [Cause of error:Error in File PortfolioOverview: Failed to retrieve data from the database. [Database Vendor Code: 942]]

Yet in Business View manager it works just fine...Could it be corrupt? I am stumped. Any guidance?

Thanks,

red

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What database are you using?

Here are results of googling the error message number (942):

If it's SQL Server - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938962

If its Oracle - go to http://www.ora-error.com/ and type in 942 - it returns th following message:

ORA-00942 table or view does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I am using Oracle XE. Yes the tables are available and in the database and Universe. I can run a Deski or Webi report directly to these tables with no problem. It is only this one report in Crystal that does not want to play nice in the sandbox.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Red,

Is the data connection that the prompt group is based on set to never prompt?

Can you create a Crystal Report off of the BV using the same fields that the LOV is based on?

Can you connect to the database directly, bypassing the BV, and report off of those table and fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I concur... Do check out everything Graham indicated...

However, I am sure you have obvious reasons for using Dynamic Parameters with Crystal Reports - which brings in all the overhead of creating and managing the BusinessView stack (DC, DF, BE, DV, LOV). Judging by the fact that you run Deski and WebI reports, you have BusinessObjects Enterprise - not Crystal Reports server. And presuming that you've already built universes on your underlying data sources, (this is from left field), why don't you just connect your CR direct to a Universe and use the LOV in the Universe. It is so much easier to use and the overhead (compared to BusinessViews) is zero...

Just a thought.

Answers (0)