cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS on SAP Portal Blank screen instead of IViews.

laxmikant_pandit2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

ESS/MSS roles are visiable on portal but when I assigned it to my own user I could not see the iViews we are getting blank screen please screen.

Please help us.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182416
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Assign the permission to

1. Employee Self Service Folder

2. srvconfig Folder

to the Users.

This will Definately solve ur problem.

Regards

Raendra

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajendrakumar,

I am also facing same problem, I follow ur suggestions bt no use. Still problem persist.

For brief explanation please look the thread http://scn.sap.com/message/13739445#13739445 regarding this issue.

Kindly Expedite.

Thanks in advance

With Regards,

Srinivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to create user in the backend system and you need to map user in backend using SSO by either logon tickets or User mapping.

if you have not created user then to create user in backend follow following steps:

Please follow this steps to setup ESS/MSS in Portal.

Configuration Settings for ESS

Create Infotype 0105 for all Employees

Use

To link a user in the portal to the employee in the backend, the employee master records must be extended. The portal user information is stored in the backend in the communication infotype 0105, subtypes 0001 (System User Name SAP System (SY-UNAME)) and 0010 (E-Mail).

Prerequisites

u2022 The users MANAGER and EMPLOYEE are mapped to the relevant portal users, ideally by SSO, so that they have the same name.

u2022 You must have created personnel numbers in the SAP system for the relevant employees.

u2022 The following roles are assigned to your ERP user which should be mapped to the employees: SAP_EMPLOYEE, SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP, and SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP05. The latter is a composite role for all country specific functions. You can select only the specific country role for your user and delete the other roles.

Procedure

1. Choose the following:

SAP Easy Access Menu Human Resources u2192 Personnel Management u2192 Administration u2192 HR Master Data u2192 Maintain

Transaction PA30

2. Enter your employeeu2019s personnel number

3. In the direct selection section, enter infotype 0105 and choose the Create button.

4. In the subtypes for infotype u201CCommunicationu201D dialog box, select 0001 and then Enter.

5. In the field ID/Number, enter the ID used to log in to the portal

6. Save your entry.

7. Return to the Maintain HR Master Data screen.

8. Keep the infotype 0105 in the infotype field and choose Create.

9. In the subtypes for infotype u201CCommunicationu201D dialog box, select 0010 and then Enter.

10. In the ID/Number field, enter the email address and save your entries

11. Repeat steps 2-10 for employee 91000067. ID/Number MANAGER.

also Jco connection needs to be configured..

Regards,

Jigar Oza