Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC FINSTA01 - Bank / Account Statements

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to upload Electronic Bank Statements into R/3.

Obviously a common approach is to use Program RFEBKA00, which will suck in data files of a specific format from server. However, because we are implementing XI as the central hub to our interfacing strategy we are considering the use of the IDOC FINSTA01 so that XI will act as the broker in receiveing the data, mapping it and calling the IDOC. This would give us a common approach to our interfaces, and also provide the usual benefits of XI message tracking, monitoring etc, etc.

Does anybody have any experience / documentation regarding the use of this IDOC, the Segments and fields to populate, etc. ?

Any pointers would be appreciated in saving time digging through WE19......

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used WE63, entered Basic Type as FINSTA01, selected goto/user settings then clicked on the glasses/pencil icon, checked Documentation Output and Field Value Output. Then back at the WE63 screen, I selected HTML (the first button on the top row). In the Documentation for Basic Type FINSTA01, I selected Documentation and Export from the drop down menu.

I got all the expected values for the fields and their positions. We were able to get our EDI 823 to work. Now we're working on the EDI 820 mappings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used WE63, entered Basic Type as FINSTA01, selected goto/user settings then clicked on the glasses/pencil icon, checked Documentation Output and Field Value Output. Then back at the SM59 screen, I selected HTML (the first button on the top row). In the Documentation for Basic Type FINSTA01, I selected Documentation and Export from the drop down menu.

I got all the expected values for the fields and their positions. We were able to get our EDI 823 to work. Now we're working on the EDI 820 mappings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Msg type : FINSTA (Bank statement)

Inbound FM relatd to this is IDOC_INPUT_FINSTA.

Parent Segments:

E1IDKU1 IDoc - header transfer order/payment advice (BGM)

E1EDK03 IDoc: Document header date segment

E1EDK02 IDoc: Document header reference data

E1IDB02 IDoc header - extended bank details (FII/CTA/COM)

E1EDKA1 IDoc: Document Header Partner Information

E1IDPF1 IDoc: Account Statement Item

E1IDKU7 IDoc - authorization (AUT)

U can see the other/Child segments through the transaction code WE30.

If u double click the segment here, u can also see the fields which needs to populate under that.

Documentation: U can check the doc. through WE62. Here just pass the input as FINSAT01.

Thanks

Eswar