cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBDAV File Upload Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I want to know whether there is any restriction for the file types which are uploaded into collabortaion room folders through WebDav protocol.we are using webdav protocol for uploading files form local desktop Pc to portal folder in collaboration room. sometimes the file gets uploaded and sometimes it is failing for only one particular collaboration room.

Please help me regarding this.Relevant answers will be appriciated.

Thanks

Hussain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcel_frei
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain

Is it possible that the webDAV url is longer when it fails than when it works? e.g. when you try to upload a file to folder with a long name or when there are many subfolders?

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WebDAV protocol implementation does not restrict what kind of files you can upload.

So, you really will need to be more specific about the problem you see? File type? Size? Error message? HTTP trace?

BR, Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian

Thanks for the quick reply.can you please let me know is there any limitations on the file size ?.

Thanks

Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for me the file size limitation will be the size available on your server.

Did you already managed to upload a simple file, such as a picture ? Just to see if it is not a user authorisation problem.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabein

Thanks for you reply.Yes we have uploaded. If the file size is less than 8MB it is getting uploaded. But if it is exceeding more than 8MB, sometimes the upload fails.what may be the reason for this? Is file size is the restriction for upload?

Thanks

Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it was an authorization problem, it would never work. In your case - as far as I have understood your problem - it just sometimes fails, right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien

Thanks once again for your reply. Yes It some times fails. But for large file size it is failing almost every time. what may be the reason for this??

Thanks

Hussain.

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this may be ur administartor might have set file size limit

For uploading documents, a default maximum file size of 128 MB applies. Your administrator can change this value. For more information, see Limiting the Length of the Request Body.

[Creating and Changing Documents|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/05/35e13d8ee48f5ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

[Limiting the Length of the Request Body|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/25/b0a4f6f2b03a43a727a165a4d6a555/frameset.htm]

Regards

Krishna.