Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT: change end dates

0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to utilize function BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT to change the enddate on installation facts.

Imagine an installation fact that is currently valid from May 1st, 2003 to December 31st, 9999. The goal is to set the enddate to June 30, 2004. When we process this through the bapi this results in the following two timeslices on the installation fact:

One time slice from May 1st, 2003 to June 30th, 2004

A second (not wanted) timeslice from July 1st, 2004 to December 31st, 9999.

How can we change enddates on installation facts without getting the second timeslice ?

Thanks and regards,

Arend

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe this BAPI supports truncating time-slices. You might do better to use the lower level IS-U service functions like ISU_S_INSTLN_OPEN, etc. (I might not have gotten that function name right).

Scott

0 Kudos

Hi,

Forgot to mention the following.

The BAPI calls function isu_s_instln_change and the installation facts can be entered in x_auto-facts-auto_facts. If a space is put in the operand tables the field auto_insert, the second timeslice is not created.

When called from the bapi, an 'X' is put in this field and therefore the second timeslice appears.

Thanks and regards,

Arend

0 Kudos

Well, you know which function to use then!

Good luck.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I would also like to use the function BAPI_UTILINSTALLATION_CHANFACT and I am passing my variables into the table <b>FLAGTABLE STRUCTURE BAPI_INSTLN_FLAG OPTIONAL</b>.

I would like to ask in which way I should pass these parameteres. Cause in my case I would like to do the exact same thing as what you have here - modifying the END DATE (DUEDATE) of an existing record.

Any kind assistance would help.

Thanks in Advance.

Jamison

Former Member
0 Kudos

More Info regarding the previous thread. I always get the error Operand DPC-FLG season ' ' valid from 20070621 valid to 99991231: possible to overwrite.

0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.

Anyone able to help here?

thanks