cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report XI - Error 723

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I create a report with Crystal Report XI release 1 and i use an Advantage database.

On my computer i use an alias "DB" to locate the database ( the database is on c:\Database\ ).

When i run the report there is no problem.

If i want to use this report on an other computer (same alias DB exist but the path to the database is c:\Test\Database\ ) i have an error 723.

The alias used on the 2 computers is DB, just the path to the database is different.

I think that Crystal Report store the path to the database...

Normaly the report has just to store the name of the alias (not the path to the database).

Is there an option to avoid to store the path of the tables (and just working with the alias)?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collings,

I understand from your query that you are getting the error code 723, when using Crystal Reports XI.

Regarding your query:

I would like to know the following in order to further troubleshoot your issue:

1. Kindly let me know exactly where you are facing this issue, is that while installing Crystal Reports, is

that while opening the report, while refreshing the report or connecting to database.

2. Let me know if you are using Crystal Reports Designer (crw32.exe) or an

application like VB, ASP, .NET, etcu2026

3. If you are getting the error while connecting to database, than let me know the

connection method you are using (ODBC, OLEDB, Native).

4. Let me know the exact database name and version you are using.

5. Please let me know whether you are getting any error message along the error code.

6. Let me know whether you are facing this issue in a particular report or any report.

In case of any further queries feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Deepti Bajpai

Answers (0)