cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during conversion to alternative unit of meas. PC: Correct qty 250 M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am facing the problem during production order confermation.One of the bom component is having alternative unit of measure and relation is also maintained in material master. 1 pc=250 mt.Base unit of measure is pc,where alternative unit is meter.during confermation I am getting message is u201C Error during conversion to alternative unit of meas. PC: Correct qty 250 Mu201D

Plz help me out of this problem

Thanks

kk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

- Exactly when you are getting that Error Massage.

- Have you maintain Alternate unit of measure Mt as Issue unit?

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

I am getting this message at the time of production order confermation goods movement, for 261 movement type.I have alredy maintained issue unit of measure in material master.

Plz help me out of this problem.

Thanks

KK

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Message no. XU058

This is basically a decimal and rounding problem check in CUNI

Go to MM02, under "Additional Data" button, maintain the conversion factor for UoMs correctly.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have checked in material master but everything is ok.I checked CUNI but everything is ok

plz help me out of this problem

regards

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

one thing i forgot to mention that ,here i am also using batch specific unit of measure which is kg per PC

thanks

kk

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

I Don't think it effects(Batch Specific Unit Of Measure).

If Value is not maintain in Batch then system will consider Conversion factor Maintain in Material Master (1 PC = 250M)

Now as per Batch Specific Unit of Measure what is the new Conversion factor for that specific Batch which you are going to issue?

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhawal,

Yes it is affecting,when i checked in devlopment without batch specific unit system is allowing for goods issue,but when i add batch specific unit for that material then it is not allowing.

thanks

KK

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

What I mean to say is If Characteristic value for Mt (I guess it is a Batch Specific Unit of Measure ) is not maintain in Batch in that case system will pick the Standard or Plan value from Material Master.

If possible send all the concern Screen shot to me.You will find my ID in my Profile.

- MAterial Master Additional Data tab , Unit of Measure , Proportion/Prod. Unit.

- Error Screen shot

- screen shot of BOM

- Stock Over view in both Units.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Please guide how this issue is resolved , i am getting same error at the time of GR,

Regards

Mascot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is related to batch-specific unit. Please give more detailed as follows:

1. Do you use product unit or proportion unit?

2. Do you use Single-unit batch in DIMP-Mill?

3. How many decimal places you allow unit PC? (in CUNI, in decimal places for display, and decimal places for rounding). What are the decimal places in the batch characteristics that used for conversion?

I think the problems is when you try to perform goods issue in meter that is not round to 250m, the system calculated it back to Pcs and if you didn't use single-unit batch and product unit you might get this error in rounding. So please check #3. It must be long enough (says 5 decimal places).

If you use single batch and product unit, please check OSS note 1115658.

It is similar to receiving too.

Hope it helps.