cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Extracting dll from cab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am learning SDK currently. I have a Problem with one of the SDK Sample Application named Addudo. When i am trying to execute the Application i get an error message "Error Extracting dll from cab". Can anybody tell me why is this happening? I deleted the SM_OBS_DLL folder from the Temp Folder and then executed the same but still getting the same error.

Can anybody put some light on the same as to why is this happening?

Regards,

Rohan S. K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

"Error extracting DLL from cab" usually points to an issue with the SBO-COMMON. I would take all the usual steps for cleaning the temp folder and DI API but most importantly run the Common Upgrader from your current patch again; this will repair any damage to the SBO-COMMON. You will lose no data as it does not affect the company database.

1. Locate the Temp folder by going to Start -> Run and type %temp%.

2. Locate the SM_OBS_DLL folder here and delete it.

3. Uninstall the DI API from Add/Remove Programs.

4. Install the DI API from your current patch. (Download patch, extract it and then browse to Packages\DI API and run setup.exe)

5. Run the Upgrader Common again (From the same patch as above - very important)

Regards,

Niall

SAP Business One Forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error will come because of system configuration, so please check the system configuration according sap sizzling guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

if you are using 2007 - in this case DI API is automatically distributed by the GUI

1. Check the rights of your temp directory (and also enought space)

2. Stop every working process (development environment also)

3. Clear the %TEMP%/SM_OB_DLL directory

4. start the development environment again

5. run (debug), and see results.

if you are using 2007 erarlier versions

1. Check the version of your DI API (SAPBOBSCOM.dll -> right click -> version)

2. if the major version is lower then the company, please install a newer version of DI API

3. it has to be also fit with the cluster version (A,B,C) I am suggesting to use it from the PATCH (maybe reinstall)

I had few times this problem, but the reinstall is always sloved it.

Regards,

J.