Did you mean: 

CCMS Monitoring of SM12 locks

former_member207465
Participant
0 Kudos

We need to monitoring SM12 locks that are older than 1 day. I am not

sure why lock entries remain in SM12 after user logged off. Old entries

found in SM12 which is causing performance problem. Kindly adive how to

monitor SM12 locks from CCMS and generate alerts.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

You can configure Monitor "enqueue" in RZ20 in your monitor set. Maintain thresholds and set appropriate auto reaction method to send email.

Thanks,

Kiran,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the information,

Even I have the same issue on configuring the moniter set for the old SM12 locks which are more than 1day. Can you please provide some more detailed information on which moniter element I have to choose and the method for the same, so that I will be getting the email alert.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did anybody found a solution?

I found monitoring node Enqueue in RZ20, but I don't know which node monitores how long an object is locked in SM12.

Currently we have an lock entry since 7th of december, but I can see no alert for this entry in enqueue node...

Regards,

Julia

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know this is an old thread - but issue tracked me, so I occupied myself again with it.

Here are possiblities I found out meanwhile:

• Monitoring with 'sapcontrol -nr 00 -function EnqGetLockTable' or EnqGetStatistic
    -> doesn't work on our systems, error "FAIL: EnqMon_GetTable failed"; I didn't investigate in this.
  • Monitoring with 'sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetAlertTree'
    -> no possibility to show entries older than a specified time, only QueueLength and something like this can be monitored (same as CCMS via SAP directly)
  • Monitoring with function module ENQUEUE_READ (not recommended by SAP!)
    -> need of an ABAP programer to realize this for dumping the created table into a file on os-side
  • Monitoring with 'enqt pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/SID_DVEBMGS00_hostname 20 0 3'
    -> this seems to be the solution for us; we realized this request in a regulary executed script on os-side and grep for dates older than one day - if so an alert is triggered.

So perhaps this might be useful for anybody.

Enhancement of list appreciated 🙂

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I forwarded a message to SAP and got answer, that there is no alert for age of SM12 locks.

So, does anybody has a workaround how to monitor SM12 locks without logging in each system and manually monitor SM12?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get a solution to this? I have the same requireemnt and I cant find the right monitor for it. Maybe SAP doesnt provide a monitor for the same.

Regards,

Lena