cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - setting page margins doesn`t work correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

maybe someone encountered the same Problems I am facing.

I am setting the page margins for the Left-Side to have enough space to punch the printout.

Somehow CR seems to ignore the values I set when printing a Report.

Most of the times I have too much space on the right side and not on the left side.

The margin on the Left side seems to be the min-margin of the printer.

What`s wrong with the Reports?

-

CR 2008 with SP1 is used.

The Reports are not designed against a specific Printer.

The virtual Printerdriver of CR is used.

Greetz

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is in the CR designer, please post to the Crystal Reports Design forum:

If this is in an application you created, let us know the CR SDK used and the development language used.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a WinForm App using Visual Studio 2008 and Crystal Reports 2008 SP1.

Language is C#

Within my app I have Form that displays Reports using the CrystalReportsViewerControl.

I create Reportfiles in my Solution. At runtime they are displayed in the CrystalReportViewerControl.

The Layout especially regarding the page margins seems to be correct, but whenever I print the Report to a Printer (not a specific one) the page margin changes and on the left side I get a "min-margin"

and on the right side I get too much space.

It should be the other way because the printouts have to be punched on the left side.

I can change the page margins of the reportfiles but whenever I print the reports through the

ReportViewerControl or calling the "printtoprinter-method" the result is the same.

Why do the page-margins change in such way?

thanks in advance

-

I am not using the crystalreports the is ship with visual studio 2008.

I am using crystal reports 2008 SP1. The 12.x dlls

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I'm in trouble, next year could be too far, I've hundreds of customers with dozens of different printers each one.

I've tried the workaround using reportappserver but other problems had born, like setting some properties of printers that don't work, settings that I can't set by code (and creating different printers for different settings in this universe isn't a solution at all) and an "automatic" scalling in dot matrix printers that I can't understand or control, this is the original problem with other printers before start using reportappserver.

There is no solution neither workaround that works for me, unfortunately I can't upgrade any more customers for version 2008.

Saramago

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of things;

1) dot matrix printers

Careful with these. Crystal Reports only works with printer drivers that are Unicode compliant. A lot (most?) dot matrix printers fail here. So, do check with the printer manufacturer to see if the driver you are using is Unicode compliant. And for the most part, from my experience, Unicode compliant dot matrix printers are very slow in rendering pages sent from Crystal Reports. E.g.; in a nut shell, when you are printing a report, you are printing a graphic and dot matrix printers have always left a lot to be desired there.

2) You do not specify the issues you are running into, but it does look like there is a number of them. I would suggest creating a phone case and seeing if a technical support rep can help you out over the phone. Phone case can be created here:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've the "same" problem with printer margin settings and I read that there is a Technical Escalation number 5000075234,

the SP2 was released after last post but the problem persists.

There is any fix ? Should we expect for the next service pack ? The answer will be in this thread ? Any idea when it will be solved ?

Best regards,

A. Saramago

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the work-arounds described in this thread don't work for you, you'll have to wait until SP3 is released next year.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem with printer left margin settings.

Is there any one who solved this problem? Please Help...

Best regards,

Ajmesh Katoch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

any news about this problem? Kind of critical problem for all CR-users...these workarounds are not really a way to solve it. The problem exists since 2008, so when will a fixpack or the sp3 will be released?

thanks

user

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only news is that it is being worked on by R&D. Just as an FYI, issues reported to R&D normally take 6+ months before a fix is released.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick fixpack would be essential.

Look, our customers can't print invoices, labels and so on because there are wrong margins. What should we tell them ?? Stop invoicing until May ?

Currently we stopped delivering our Software with Crystal Reports 2008 and switched back to an older Crystal Reports version. That whole thing is causing a lot of holine extra work. And unsatisfied users.

If a reporting tool doesnt print correct margins, it is simly unusable and everyone looking for a reporting component will have to choose some other.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing I can do. The fix is in SP3, I saw it work with a test app my self. I don't think there is any possibility of this making a Fix Pack. You may want to talk to a technician over the phone, but am not sure if that will help either.

Phone cases can be created here;

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

As this is a bug, you will be refunded, but it is the only way to talk to someone and possibly apply more pressure on this to get the fix into an FP.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any news about the urgently needed Service pack ? Will it be released in May ?

(Or is there another solution for the margin problem meanwhile ?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Sorry to sound impatient but our software is supposed to be deployed January 7th so this workaround is critical for me. Any additional help?

Thanks,

Sandy

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just a reminder this is a community forum area and is not a case management system. If you would like access to a support Engineer to resolve your issue and work with you directly please purchase a case on line and one of our Engineers will work directly with you to resolve the issue.

Here's what the code would look like using C#:

System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument pDoc = new System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument();

PrintReportOptions rasPROpts = new CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.PrintReportOptionsClass();

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PrintOptions MYPRTOpts = new PrintOptionsClass();

if (rdoCurrent.Checked)

{

pDoc.PrinterSettings.PrinterName = cboCurrentPrinters.Text;

MYPRTOpts.PrinterName = cboCurrentPrinters.Text;

MYPRTOpts.PaperSize = (CrPaperSizeEnum)

pDoc.PrinterSettings.PaperSizes[cboCurrentPaperSizes.SelectedIndex].Kind;

MYPRTOpts.PaperSource = (CrPaperSourceEnum)

pDoc.PrinterSettings.PaperSources[cboCurrentPaperTrays.SelectedIndex].Kind;

// added the below line to verify the changes work.

MYPRTOpts.PaperOrientation = CrPaperOrientationEnum.crPaperOrientationLandscape;

// new API added to allow changing printing options

MYPRTOpts.DissociatePageSizeAndPrinterPaperSize = true;

MYPRTOpts.PageMargins.Left = 1;

MYPRTOpts.PageMargins.Right = 1;

MYPRTOpts.PageMargins.Top = 1;

MYPRTOpts.PageMargins.Bottom = 1;

}

else

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Here is the code I tried to implement. In the code you provided what is margins.Leftmargin, etc..? With the code below, no matter what I set the margins, they print exactly the same (incorrectly) when sent to the printer: a very small left margin with a larger right margin. It seems to be ignoring the margins that are explicitly set in the code.

Public Sub print(ByVal Printer As String)
        Dim prntSettings As New System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings
        Dim m_Report As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ISCDReportClientDocument
        Dim prnOps As New CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PrintOptions
        Dim m_controller As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.PrintOutputController

m_Report = m_ReportDocument.ReportClientDocument
        m_controller = m_Report.PrintOutputController

m_Report.VerifyDatabase()

If Printer = "" Then
            Printer = prntSettings.PrinterName
        End If

m_controller.ModifyPageMargins(1, 1, 1, 1)
        m_controller.ModifyPrinterName(Printer)

m_controller.PrintReport(Nothing)

m_Report.Close()
        m_ReportDocument.Close()
    End Sub

Thank you for your help.

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I am having the same issue related to the page margins. I have tried both what Kjell Arne suggested and what Ludek suggested but am having no luck. Is there any update on the case number for this issue with R&D?

This is a big issue since our application developed uses Crystal Reports and has to align exactly with the report it was designed from. These reports have to be scanned by the State of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles and have to be accurate to work correctly. The page margins are completely throwing off the alignment of the entire report.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please post. Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Sandy

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally, any issues reported to R&D take 6+ months for a fix to be rolled out. This has been reported to R&D recently, so you're looking at close to mid year 09. I'd be interested in seeing your InProc RAS code as I was able to resolve the margin issue using that code.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Don! The SP1 did the trick.

Will I need to update the Crystal Reports Runtime at the production server as a result of the SP1 upgrade?

The one I use is from [CR 2008 Runtime Package for the .NET Framework (EXE file)|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

The file is called cr120_redist_exe.zip size 25.885 kB.

This is how my (test) code ended up. I notice that the order is of importance. For example, if the lines doing

ModifyPrintOptions and

ModifyUserPaperSize switches place, it doesn't work.

Option Strict On
Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared

Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Private rpt As ReportDocument

Private Sub ConfigureCrystalReports()
        rpt = New ReportDocument()
        Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("Hierarchical Grouping.rpt")
        rpt.Load(reportPath)

Dim myPrintOptions As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PrintOptions = _
                      CType(rpt.ReportClientDocument.PrintOutputController.GetPrintOptions(), _
                      CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PrintOptions)
        Dim newPrintOptions As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PrintOptions = myPrintOptions.Clone(True)
        newPrintOptions.DissociatePageSizeAndPrinterPaperSize = True
        rpt.ReportClientDocument.PrintOutputController.ModifyPrintOptions(newPrintOptions)
        rpt.ReportClientDocument.PrintOutputController.ModifyUserPaperSize(40400, 40400)
        myCrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = rpt
    End Sub

Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Init
        ConfigureCrystalReports()
    End Sub

End Class

So Ricardo, if you copy my code and then play around with myPrintOptions.PageMargins, maybe you can figure out something that works.

(I usually make a smallest possible application to test out my problem. When it works, I introduce it into the main application).

- Kjell Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is really important to find a way to repair the reports.

I am having more and more trouble with my customers about this case.

So please help

Regards

Ricardo

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a possible work-around. The work-around uses the InProc RAS and the code would be something like this:

Dim rcd As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ISCDReportClientDocument

rcd = crReportDocument.ReportClientDocument

Dim prnOpts As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.PrintReportOptions

Dim poc As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.PrintOutputController

poc = rcd.PrintOutputController

poc.ModifyPageMargins(margins.leftMargin, margins.rightMargin, margins.topMargin, margins.bottomMargin)

poc.PrintReport(Nothing)

You need to add reference to these assemblies:

crystaldecisions.reportappserver.clientdoc

crystaldecisions.reportappserver.controllers

crystaldecisions.reportappserver.datadefmodel

crystaldecisions.reportappserver.reportdefmodel

Here is an article that contains more info on how to work with InProc RAS:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10b840c0-623f-2b10-03b5-9d191386...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone out there who encountered the same problems?

I´m also trying to set the page margins programatically at runtime using the "ReportDocument.PrintOptions.ApplyPageMargins(CrystalDesicions.Shared.PageMargins)" method.

This also does not work correctly when printing the report using the print button of the CrystalReportViewer-Control.

Anyone has clue?

kind regards

Ricardo

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo, a bit of confusion on my part. Does the report work as you expect in the Crystal Reports Designer? E.g.; forget about .NET for now - if the report does not work from the designer, it will not work from your .NET app.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

yes the Report works as expected in the Crystal Report Designer, this is really strange.

When printing the Report from Crystal Reports Designer the page margins are also correct.

any idea?

thanks for ur help

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

There is a new API that allows you to dissociate the printer... that is by default not checked on in the Report file.

Try setting it to true in your app and test again:

// new API added to allow changing printing options

newOpts.DissociatePageSizeAndPrinterPaperSize = true;

Search the Object Browser for how to use it.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

thanks for your help, but this also didn`t resolve my problem.

The strange thing is, that when using the export function of the CrystalReportsViewerComponent, exporting the Report to PDF or RPT and then printing the PDF or the RPT in the Report Designer, all works just fine or as expected.

When exporting to Word and trying to print, Word tells me that the page margins are outside of the printable area. This is strange because everything fits well for the Paper Size A4.

Any other ideas?

I really don´t know any further. I also created new reports to see if there is something wrong

with other reportfiles, but the problem stays the same.

regards

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

any further suggestions on this case?

Kind regards

Ricardo

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo, this may an issue with the product, but I'll have to test it and let you know...

Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This looks like an issue we'll need to report to R&D. I was able to reproduce it as follows:

Create a new report, set the margin. On this new report, the margin printed as expected from a .NET app. I then changed to a non default printer driver. Now the margins were ignored. I set the rep[rot back to the default printer driver, still no margins. Looks like as soon as there is any change done to the printer drivers in the CR designer (and possibly at runtime - need more testing), the margin info is lost and can never be set again - at least I was not able to set it. Essentially I have a broken report.

Once the above has a track number assigned, I'll post it here.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

thank you very much for the Info.

I really appreciate your help

Regards

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

do you have any new Information on this case?

Greetz

Ricardo

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue was confirmed as a problem that R&D needs to look at. At this time I'm waiting for R&D to duplicate and accept the escalation. Once that is done, we're typically looking at 6+ months for a fix to be rolled into a service pack, though there is the possibility that a fix can come out in a "hot fix" sooner.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

thanks for the Info.

Since this case may take a while at your R&D is there any possibility to fix the "broken" Reports?

If not, does it mean that I have to redesign or recreate the broken reports?

I'm asking because if I have to recreate those Reportfiles I am facing to recreate about 63 Reportfiles out of over 200. This is a lot of work to do.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Regards Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same problem, the margin is lost in many reports.

If we set DefaultPaperSize option it will work on our Xerox printers, but it doesen't solve the problem on all printers (a customer reported problem with a HP Laserjet printer).

reportDocument.PrintOptions.PaperSize = CrystalDecisions.Shared.PaperSize.DefaultPaperSize;

For us it's very importent that we can find a way to repair the broken reports.

Rgds,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Ricardo,

>

> There is a new API that allows you to dissociate the printer... that is by default not checked on in the Report file.

>

> Try setting it to true in your app and test again:

>

> // new API added to allow changing printing options

> newOpts.DissociatePageSizeAndPrinterPaperSize = true;

>

> Search the Object Browser for how to use it.

>

> Thank you

> Don

Don (or anyone else),

I try to get to the DissociatePageSizeAndPrinterPaperSize but I can't figure out how to access it.

I use CR 2008 with Visual Studio 2005, Visual Basic. My goal is to get an unrestricted right hand side

of my report, so I can have as many columns as I want. (I have a different thread about this).

First of all: If I search DissociatePageSizeAndPrinterPaperSize in the Object Browser, it can't find it.

(I have performed an upgrade for CR XI R2 to CR 2008 and it seemingly went well).

Here is what I do in code (a modified web download for testing):

Option Strict On
Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared

Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Private rpt As ReportDocument
    Private exportPath As String
    Private myDiskFileDestinationOptions As DiskFileDestinationOptions
    Private myExportOptions As ExportOptions
    Private selectedNoFormat As Boolean = False

Private Sub ConfigureCrystalReports()
        rpt = New ReportDocument()
        Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("Hierarchical Grouping.rpt")
        rpt.Load(reportPath)

Dim myPrintOptions As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PrintOptions = _
                      CType(rpt.ReportClientDocument.PrintOutputController.GetPrintOptions(), _
                      CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PrintOptions)
        Dim newPrintOptions As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PrintOptions = myPrintOptions.Clone(True)
        Dim newMargins As CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.PageMargins = newPrintOptions.PageMargins

newPrintOptions.PageMargins = newMargins
        newMargins.Right = 1000
        'newPrintOptions.PaperSize = CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.CrPaperSizeEnum.crPaperSizePaperA3
        ' newPrintOptions.PaperOrientation = CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.CrPaperOrientationEnum.crPaperOrientationLandscape
        rpt.ReportClientDocument.PrintOutputController.ModifyPrintOptions(newPrintOptions)
        myCrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = rpt 
    End Sub

This prints a wider page on-screen than without the code, so it is an improvement. Still, I would like to go

further, and the DissociatePageSizeAndPrinterPaperSize seems to be promising.

Can you tell me how to set it in the context above?

A little observation: When my newMargins.Right gets the value 145, the output is a narrow page.

When it is set to 146, it jumps to a wider page.

Setting the PageContentWidth doesn't help any more than the Right option.

- Kjell Arne

0 Kudos

Hi Kjell Arne,

Now that you have upgraded to 2008 you need to install SP 1 which you can get from this link:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100010503722008E/cr2008_sp1.exe

The API will then be available.

Also, as a work around you can install a printer driver that supports large paper sizes and use one that has an option with a wide paper width.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Has a tracking number been assigned to this problem?

I am having the same problem printing Avery Labels - 5161.

CR2008

VS2008

When printing it is ignoring page margins setup in the report.

Thanks for your time.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the technical escalation number is; 5000075234 (I should have updated this thread earlier.).

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, any updates to this problem. Anyone have any workarounds. I don't use an appserver so the workarounds suggested by Don will not work for me. This seems like a huge oversight and problem to me. Hopefully it is included in a hot fix already. Thanks for any update.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, any updates to this problem. Anyone have any workarounds. I don't use an appserver so the workarounds suggested by Don will not work for me. This seems like a huge oversight and problem to me. Hopefully it is included in a hot fix already. Thanks for any update.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mention you do not use the "appserver". However, you should be able to use Don's code after doing the below (as long as you are using CR XI r2 or CR 2008):

1) Add these references to your project:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource

CrystalDecisions.Shared

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel

2) Add these declaration to your code:

Dim rpt As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument()

Dim rptClientDoc As ISCDReportClientDocument

3) Add this to your code under a button click:

rpt.load("C:\mytest\StdEnvelopeOut.rpt")

rptClientDoc = rpt.ReportClientDocument

4) From here on, adjust the code as per Don's post.

Other than that, I have no update on the TE.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, i will give it a try. PS. When Don sets the margins to 1, what unit of measure is that. Is that inches, points, cm,etc because i noticed these margins are integers so 1.5 inches won't work, correct?

Jeff

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still on track for May - no guarantees...

Re. work-arounds. Nothing other than what is documented in this thread.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is the Service Pack coming along, any release date yet?

regards Uffe

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Internal for now only. Umm, and no, there is no way I can make it public...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffsici and others,

We seem to have found a workaround that works for us anyway, at least for some of the reports.

If we open up the report in the designer tool and go to File, page setup,and here view the settings for the left margin-this is the settings hat is being ignored. If we instead drag the ruler on the document to the same amount(mm) it seems to be working.

Maybe this is not a solution for you but I thought I would share this just in case.

regards Uffe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends, Service Pack 3 is now available from

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

best regards

Uffe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when will a Redistributable package be released for the SP3, which has included that fix?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i found the Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack 3 - Redist Install in the download area(the MSI in the ZIP is dated 22.4.2010 but the fix seems to be included:-)

But if a Redist SP2 is already installed on a machine, the SP3 cant be installed over that (Message: Another version of that product is already installed.Installation cant continue...). So you have to go to the windows control panel/Software and uninstall the SP2 by hand. Is there any way to avoid the manual deinstallation?

thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No there is not. It has been this way since SP 1. More info is available in [this|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/702b3642-7e14-2c10-6484-857ffb4319d7?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] article.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the problem with the margins is fixed as far as I can see. But a new little annoying thingey is now introduced, sadly. When you print a report, the default printer is not the selected option anymore, as was the case with previous versions. For people with a number of printers to select from and who print a lot of reports on a daily basis, this is extremely annoying. Depending on how the print dialog is shown, this is an extra clicking around in the new sp3. Sad...

Former Member
0 Kudos

it seems that the problem is not yet fixed complete. The SP3 is installed, the margins are looking better, but there are still differences between the margins in the report and the printout (about 3-6 mm). When exporting the report to PDF the margins are OK. I tried different reports. So what do to now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem still exists...i made a new report, set the left/top margins. The printout moves all fields to the left/top. If i export the report to a PDF, all margins are OK.

Can´t believe that no one else has the same problem. SP3 is installed....

Please let us know what we can do!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder if the way CR is expected to handle printing is an issue here. E.g.; in a nut shell;

If margins are still incorrect. Does printing work correctly from the designer? Ensure that exactly the same driver (and driver version) are used on the Crystal Reports machine and the App machine (not sure if these people are using windows or web apps). If no-printer is selected, this will cause the report to scale to fit the page when printing. Do not use u201Cno-printeru201D if margins must be exact.

The following resources may be worth looking at:

[How Printer Driver Options Affect a Report|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a09051e9-721e-2b10-11b6-f9c65c64ef29]

[Printing Web based reports with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/600c24a3-ab1d-2b10-1bb4-c50562e353cb]

The Crystal Reports designer (CRW32.exe) help file also contains info on CR and printing, both web and win environments.

Ludek

Edited by: Ludek Uher on Jul 27, 2010 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I*ve found (at least one) problem with the fact that default printer is not the selected option anymore.

Old code that we used in CR XI r2: crGeneratedReport.Open(CObj(m_ReportFilename))

We changed it to this when upgrading to CR2008 V1: crGeneratedReport.Open(CType(filePath, Object), CdReportClientDocumentOpenOptionsEnum.cdReportClientDocumentOpenAsReadOnly)

The problems with the printer started(and the margin problem as well, now solved thank god..)

We tweaked it a bit : crGeneratedReport.Open(CType(filePath, Object), 1)

Result: The default printer got selected the way it was supposed to...

Seems as not such a good idea to use the readonly option.

regards Uffe