cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Prohibit Sales Price Lower Than Material Standard Cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moderators:

I got a problem from our sales departement, because they found a manual mistake, that was, somebody who maintained a incorrect sales price in the condition record which was lower than the standard price in the material master data! This must be a error!

My question is, how to customize in SAP system and prohibit to maintain the sales price (LT standard price) in the condition record? Maybe system could issue a "Warning" or "Error" message to the user before saving the changes!

I'm highly appreciated that you can help me to solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

Have a good day and best regards

Z.T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang,

If you want you can restrict price of a condition record[select condition record ->click on bluelens] by giving upper and lower limit in condition record.If the price is not with in the limit than you get error message.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang

If I have understood correctly, you want that, when the "Selling Price" is less then the "Cost" , system should give you warning or should prohibit from futher processing.

That means, system should not allow negative Profit.

If this is the requirement, then you can not set it in the Condition record.

You need to make the settings in the Pricing Procedure.

Go to your Pricing Procedure and for the condition type VPRS(Cost) make the below mentioned settings.

Sub Total -

B,

Requirement --- 4'

AltCTy -

5 and save the settings.

Now when you create an order with Negative Profit ( Selling Price is less then Cost),system will give you warning and if you will try to save then system will regard this document as Incomplete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna:

Thanks a lot! Your information is very helpful for me, it's really great! After double check with my financial colleagues, if the solution is okay, I'll close my question! Thank you very much again!

Good day!

Z.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang

It will definitely work.

Do not make changes in the condition record.

After saving the setting completely come out of the customisation screen , cause system some time takes little time.

Now create a fresh order and try, it will work.

Revert back if problem is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna:

I did the customizing according to your mentioned, but when I created the sales order, system copied the amount from material valuation data if the selling price is less than the cost! Please give me some advice on it!

Thanks in advance.

Z.T