cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing compound attribute display in Bex Query desinger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In my report i've a Masterdata objects with Compound key, when i execute it shows both compoundkey & masterdata e.g: System/Application. Here 'system' is compound key, 'application' is masterdata object. I want to display only Application.

Please suggest wat may b solution for this problem.

Regards

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those of you stumbling onto this problem and not finding a solution... The fix is described above but to be a little clearer....

Add the 2 parts of the compound which you do not want to display in the 'actual' key on the report.  These need to be added to the report itself, not just the free characteristics.

Then, in query designer, select 'Display' as 'No Display'

You will then see what you expect in the report with no trace of the unwanted compounded elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've applied the instructions.

The result is that element compounded as prefix is not displayed on the report anymore - which is good.

Unfortunately in my case the characteristic is compounded out of SalesOrg code and a product group. My report should show data from several SalesOrgs.

Even though I was able to hide SalesOrg prefix from compounded characteristic - the report is still unable to aggregate key figures across SalesOrgs to product groups.

Is it possible to set up the report in a way that it would aggregate to product groups - not taking SalesOrgs into considaration?

MirkoT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

the system will never aggregate on salesorg-level on its own - because its actualy not a primary key.

It will just aggreagate on the defined componding key: SalesOrg/Prod.-Group.

Depending on your needs, you coud create a new "SalesOrg" InfoObject (without compounding to Prod.-Group), add it to your InfoProv and do your query-aggregations on this new InfoObject.

Another idea would be a self defined structure with one selection per salesorg.

For example create a selection name it '1' and select on 'salesorg = 1' and 'prod.-Group = *'.

But i wouldn't recommend this workaround, because you have to adjust the query/ structure every time you got a new combination of salesorg/prod.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirko

To be clear:

What I want to achieve is to aggregate just to product groups, not taking SalesOrgs into consideration.

So instead having:

SalesOrg01/ProdGroup1     100

SalesOrg02/ProdGroup1     200

I'd like to have:

ProdGroup1                       300

But joining of these product groups to facts must be still done using Material and SalesOrg - because we have more SalesOrgs then the ones that I want to provide my report for.

Summarizing: is such an infoobject possible to define in BW?

Regarding second idea from your post: I've already built a report in QD based on selections. You are right - this can be only a workaround. I can prepare such 'hard coded' selections for 30 product groups, but not for 200.

Thank you for answering 🙂

MirkoT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

okay, so you want to aggreagate on ProdGroup instead of SalesOrg,

so it's just the other way arround - which actually doesn't matter in terms of pure logic.

Inserting another InfoObect to the InfoProv which represent ProdGroup without a compounding sure can be done.

But you said you won't just plain aggregate on ProdGroup regardless of the SalesOrg,

this logic is a bit more complex, but it still can be done within the transformation - on a technical pov.

But it feels a little "dirty" tbh.

Because once your data passed that logic and got written to the facts its there...

Maybe in the future you want to change the regarding salesorg selection on which you aggregated.

This would mean you have to delete the regarding transactional data of the past and process the data again with the new salesorg selection logic.In some cases this can't be done. If thats the case it has to be evaluated if a proper self booking can be applied, which may be messy as well.

But it just depends on your business needs, maybe writing the aggregation to the facts is exactly what you want.

It's like putting data into facts or timedependant master data.

There is no absolute right or wrong it just depends on your needs.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanak,

Same issues I'm facing which you were faced earlier.

Can you please explain how you resolved the issue.

Thank you

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please let us know how you solve this point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In query designer if you can apply global filter for System, then it wont display in report output.

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijit thanx for your reply, it worked in cases where i have only 1 compound attribute...

but if an object is having lets say 3 compound attributes then its not working..even if i put a global filter on all the 3 compound attributes..

Thanx and regards

Priyanka

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try the above method I said ??

Just put "system" to drill down and choose "No Display" property for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii praveen..i tried the method suggested by you bt no use..

the situation is still the same ..

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That works usually can you execute the same query in RSRT once and check.

Rows

system (no display)

application (display)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just place your compounded object ie.,system before application in query and choose "No Display" in properties for system.

eg : system (no display) application (display)

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Praveen G on Nov 18, 2008 12:21 AM