cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIS 10901 error while running WEBI report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

When we try to run WEBI report on BW query for Cost center accounting infocube its giving following error when we add measure in the info view.

"A database error occured. The database text is: Error in MDDataSetBW.GetCellData. See RFC trace file or SAP system log for more details. (WIS 10901)"

We did a trace and came to know that BO user id doesnt have authorization for Admin work bench. But when we authorize too its giving same error.

This error populates only when we drag measure into the info view of Webi and if we drag any characteristic it works fine.

Any help is highy appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sometimes it will happen if the no of Records are crossing the limit.

Try to add the filter in the prompt ex for cal day with less period,means use less selection and see if it is running for for few days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the same problem and i solve it

step1 : go to START --> administrative tools --> Data sources (ODBC)

step 2 : system DSN tab --> check the spell name efashionefashion-webi

go to configure

step 3 : go to this path and check spell and repair

Now its working ....

best regards ,,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error occurs when (for example) a Dimension ist defined as decimal, but the column of the database contains character - signs or is itself defined as character.

Surely not the only explanation, but one possibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi p327117,

As a test, can you please check if a Deski report runs fine on the same universe? If yes, then please try the following: -

Remove the parameter <Parameter Name="Transaction Isolation Level">READ UNCOMMITTED</Parameter> under generic from odbc.sbo file of access database

Before testing this, please make sure you have saved a copy of the odbc.sbo file, so that it can be replaced back if you still get the error in WEBI.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain.

WMuellner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

FYI: DeskI does not work with OLAP Universes, so it neither does with BW queries...

AND, BW quries do not use ODBC connections, rather than SAP BAPI mechanisms...

Check the timout on your universe connection, and increase it to more than 10 minutes... sometimes this helps. If not, check the user's rights in SAP/BI according to the manuals...

hth,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I have the same error when I try to run my report in WebI.

I have an object that is a hierarchy, if I use it like a normal element the report runs perfect but If I try to use the hierarchy the problem occurs.

I already checked the note 1032461 and the MDX PARSER it´s ok.

Did you find any solution?

Thks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After changing the Connection to SAP BW server I am also getting the same error.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I guess I have the same problem WIS 10901 in WEBI Report,

A database error occured. The database error text is: The MDX query SELECT { [Measures].[273LCEN9NJFYJW864WEA40W94] } ON COLUMNS , NON EMPTY {[0SALESORG].DEFAULTMEMBER} ON ROWS FROM [0SD_C03/0SD_C03_Q00004] SAP VARIABLES [0I_CALMO] INCLUDING [0CALMONTH].[200808] : [0CALMONTH].[199701] failed to execute with the error Unknown error. (WIS 10901)

It does not work with crystal reports.

Regards,

Paulina V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulina,

I have the same error, Did you find how to solve the error?

Thanks,

Sandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same problem with a hierarchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue, we followed a couple of steps to fix it.

1. Check RFC destination fro MDX layer.

2. Run the query in BI analyzer this make sure that BI objects used in query are activated.

3. Run a refresh of these queries in the BI system first.

3. Download the queries using Desktop top intelligence, Do a refresh structure and upload the query back to BO.

--Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

We do not have DeskI.

I am receiving the same error and my OLAP universe is built on SAP BW query.

Please let me know what alternative route I can use

Thank you,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandra,

Did you get this problem fixed. I am receiving the same error during Webi - Webi reports hyperlinking (between parent and child)

Thank you,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because you have to filter the dimensions on WebI wich have authorization variables created on BW assigned to this user.

Hope it helps.

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ,

i will work for me  but i dont want it to filter every report then what i have to do ...