cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Excel Adpater for Unix not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot get the BO Excel Adpater on Unix to work.

Currently we are using Data Services 3.1 on AIX.

We migrated from 3.0 on Windows, where we had no issues with Excel as we did not need the adapter.

We did a test migration, and managed to get the Excel Adapter to work.

When we did the actual migration the next week, we couldn't get it to work.

When we try to start the adapter we get ERROR - Adpater not started,

There are no messages in trace or error logs.

I have setup a Access Server, and setup a Job Server that manages Adpaters.

We have more than Job Server process on the machine, but I don't think this should be an issue.

We currently have about 30 users.

Can anyone help with this? Has anyone managed to get the adapter working for more than a day ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for Unix the Excel Adapter name has to be "BOExcelAdapter" this is case sensitive

The Adapter instances are managed by job server, check the job server log file in the $LINK_DIR/log/<JobServer Name>/server_event* log file for that data or the latest file, what is the error message its displaying ?

is the problem happening for Excel Adapter only or all Adapters ? try configuring a WebService Adapter and see if its getting started, just to isolate if the problem is wth Job Server or only with Excel Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No, none of the other adapters work, either.

We re-booted the server over the weekend, and the adapter started working again, but

then we had to stop Job Service, as database had to be bounced.

When we re-started the Job Service, the adparter was no longer working.

I'm not sure if it was not shut down correctly ( I shut it down using svrcfg)

I looked at the logs, and the only meesgae I can find is "ERROR-Adapter not started"

Former Member
0 Kudos

svrcfg is the correct way to start and stop the jobserver, this will stop and start the Adapter instance also, to check if the adapter instance is running or not, use the following command, if still see a java process running for Adapter after jobServer is stopped then the Adapter instace is not shutdown, you may have to kill it using (kill -15 pid) - pid is Adapter java process id

ps -aef | grep java | grep <AdapterInstanceName>

ex:-

ps -aef | grep java | grep BOExcelAdapter

Open the server_eventlog_<date>.txt for the adapter jobserver from $LINK_DIR/log/<AdapterJobServerName> and search for the following

"Starting Adapter with command line"

this will print the command that is used to start the adapter, and after this you will see the error or trae messages related to Adapter

if in the log the above command is successful, check the Adapter log in $LINK_DIR/adapter/log

what is the information it has ?

also check the if JAVA_HOME is pointing to JDK 1.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, the issue is now solved.

It turns out it was the Java settings setup in .profile

We changed JAVA_HOME variable , and added the tomcat java directory to LIBPATH directory and added JAVA_HOME to the PATH variable.

Not sure which of these (or which combination) solved the problem. (We had limited downtime to test)

Answers (0)