cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when loading a flat file from Application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to load a flatfile from the application server, and I am getting the message

Error while accessing the application server file

Message no. RSDS_ACCESS002

I checked for notes and found only one:

Note 1033978 - Correction: Loading Unicode files from application server

but we have 19 SP level, and the note says it needs 13 SP level, so I think it would not be of any help.

does anybodie know what to do??

thanks for the help.

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Anshul1989
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

please can any one tell me when i am loading transaction data in data source i am not able to see data in preview but i can see data in proposal and feild but not in preview even i activated as well it said no further data is available

thanks

anshul sharna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error in accessing while application server file..

when i am trying load the data to psa

when i am taking the file name: text-type file from app server

plz reslove me for this problem??

another question

when i am saving the file with using * in the  filename in .CSV file its not saving,

whats the reason????

ASHOK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution.

It was unix authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just out of interest, you will also get this error if the filename is too long.

In an ERP 6.0 system, I found that the maximum filename length is 23 bytes (including a 3 byte extension and the '.').

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hieu Truc

my mistake. When I said "file server", I meant "app server".

When I set the Infopackage to "load Binary/Text ffile from app server" ("Extraction" page, "Adapter" dropdown list), then I clic in the "FileName" matchcode button, I can see the directory, and I can see the CSV file.

If I put it in simple, it would be: "I can see the file in the directory in the app server, but I can't read its data."

can you help me?

thanks

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned, you can see the csv file in al directory. But you can not view its data. This probably BASIS's problem. Pls try viewing another file in al directory with the same user which you use to execute infopackage

If you can view another file (with the same user), the problem will be your csv file. In this case, you should ask BASIS consultant check log file related al directory, may be there are some log files is full and not allow write or read data.

If the problem is repeated with another file, the problem will be authorization, check su53.

Hope it helps

BRs

TRUC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hieu Truc

this is what I do.

1.- I copy the file from my PC to the File server, using FTP.

2.- I set the Infopackage to load data from a flat file in the file server.

3.- I execute the Infopackage, and get error message.

The reazon I want to load the file from the File Server is because I will automate the file generation from a Legacy system.

regards,

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the purpose of loading from app server is automatic loading in process chain. But, please clarify that, from application server is not file server. It meant that, you have to write data from csv file from file server to csv on application server (al11). After that, you can load from application server to datasource. you should create a program which use FTP to write data from fileserver to application server.

BRs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siggi,

when I go tx AL11, I can see the directory, then, I double clic on it, and I can see the .CSV file. there is a column named "Viewed", and there is an "X" for the file.

when I double clic the file, I get the message "Unable to display this file".

I asked BASIS to set 777 privileges in the directory. I'm still waitng for his response.

regards,

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I know, to load data from application server , the first thing is you have to read and write data into the file put in application server after that you can load from this file to datasource. In your case why you load directly from the file put in desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

the file loads correctly form the desktop, so is not a file issue.

I check and there is only one server for the DB and the App Server.

I tried using FTP options when loading the file (ASCII and Binary) but the problem ramains the same.

Any Ideas????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the authority? Is the SAP system allowed to open the file or the directory itself?

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

this is what I did

1.- I asked Basis to create a directory in the BI Server, and set it for ftp service.

2.- I sent a .CSV file into that directory (using FTP).

3.- I used transaction AL11 and set the directory in SAP BI

4.- I created an Infopackage, and set it to load from App Server, and select the directory I created in (3) and select the .CSV file.

5.- I execute the Infopackage, and get the error message.

Any Idea???

thanks,

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

#1 question .... Is there a database server and 1 or more App Servers? This is what I suspect. So, if there is more than 1 server, you need to make sure the FTP directory is visible on all servers.

For example, if you have two servers with the same directory (unshared), the file will only reside on one server, you will not be able to get to the file from another directory. If the directory is a share directory on all servers, then you will be able to see the file on all servers.

Just out of curiousity, does the file load from your desktop? If it does, then we are on the right track ... if it doesn't load correctly, then this is a file issue.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is happening via a process chain, then you are probably running the chain on a different server. You either need to fix the job for the chain to run on a specific server or make the directory available to all servers.

If you're not running in a chain, then tell us all of the specifics, like where you are placing the file, where you are reading the file, number of servers and any error codes you receive.

Brian