cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when generating dataProvider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I want to execute a query on the web from the "Query Designer".

The query run fine till I added two more selections(not formulas) in the rows.

I get the error "Error when generating dataProvider".

I have no ideea where to start searching why this error ocures.

Could you, plase, help me?

Thank you,

Iuliana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try running the query in Bex Analyzer first ...does it work here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It doesn't work in Bex too!

And the error in bex is:

<i>System error in program SAPLRRI2 and form CHECK_MAX_MEMMERS-01-

Message no. BRAIN299

Diagnosis

This internal error is a targeted termination since the program has an incorrect status. Procedure

Analyse the situation and inform SAP.</i>

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many key figures, or columns do you have in this report. Try to generate it in RSRT and see if it gives any errors. Check the Technical Information in RSRT...the Statistics block..any Red lights here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a really huge report.. and a lot of calculations into the report. It run ok before adding those two new selections.

When generating report into rsrt I get the same error as in BEX..

I tried to delete back the added selections to see if the report works fine again and yes, it works!

After that I have added only one of those selections.. and the error came back.. :(. The selection is a simply calculated key figure.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible that you are exceeding the system limits for the number of columns a report can have..did you check the Technical Info > Statistics in RSRT?

(Columns, or selections in any structure...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have displayed technical info for the report in RSRT transaction, but only after I have deleted the added selection. Otherwise it was not possible.. errors again.

Anyway, I don't know what informations from here could help me. there are some reds:

Calc. before Aggregation Y

Number of Elements in Structure 1 971 999

Selection Lines 23059

Columns in Memory Table SP 4161

Table Sizes Optimized No 00.00.0000 00:00:00

these are the only reds.. but I don't know what they means..

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iuliana,

Please see note 795990...the problem is to do with the Number of Elements in Structure (max allowed is 999 and you already have 971).

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try turning off Query cache in RSRT>Properties and try executing once. It works some times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is strange that I tried to delete other selection and to insert one of the two new ones... and I still get the same error. And in this case I have the same number of rows as before.. when query worked fine, just one selection is changed.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the number of selection elements in RSRT after adding your new selection? If you are using an RKF, the system generates more rows in the background for processing...this may be causing the error. Did you check out the note I mentioned?