cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in CK11N - Cost rollup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting an strange display of cost component structure in CK11N. I am running an cost estimate for an finished product, which as activity type, packing materials and semi finished product. Costing run was fine, when i go to cost component structure, i cant see the costs of semi finished product, instead the cost of semi finished product is rollup to the higher level of the finished product. For example when the cost of semi finished product is $455 i dont see this cost in cost component structure of the finished product as $455, instead i see the cost break up rolled over the finished product, meaning what ever the cost associated with semi finished like raw material, labor and machine are displayed in the cost component structure of the finished product and semifinished cost component is blank.

I my experience i havent see like this, instead i have seen the cost of semi finished in cost component structure of the finished. I dont know what i have messed up.

Is there something to do with disabling or enabling the field "Roll up cost component" in the cost component structure. i tried to disable it, but didnt allow me to do, because the costs of relevant for inventory valuation and cost of goods manufactured.

Can somebody please let me know whats going on.

Thanks

Best Regards

gj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Pl check the OKTZ, I think here cost element not maintained properly as per cost component wise, which you have want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody, for providing a clear information on the issue.

Thanks

Best Regards

gj

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other thing that you might like to try is to make sure that the Material Origin flag is clicked 'ON'. It is located on the Costing 1 view of the Material Master. Click the flag 'ON' for all of the materials that are involved in your roll-up (viz., Raw Materials, Semi-Finished, and Finished Good).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi//

I think u can use the functionality of Auxiliary cost component structure where u will mentain only the Semifinished material Cost Element in OKTz.

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error message and number you are getting..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the warning message i get, when i disable the the field "Roll up cost component" in cost comp structure, "KQ308 - Costs relevant to stock valuation always rolled up".

And when i put not relevant in cost of goods sold, i get message " Costs are relevant to stock and are thus normally cost of goods mfd" Message no. KQ334.

If i put not relevant in cost of goods sold and inventory valuation i am able to disbale the field "Roll up cost component", but in costing run it errors out.

Normally is the field "Roll up cost component" should be enabled or disabled?

Best Regards

gj

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ggg jjj,

T Code CK11N does the cost estimate at a single level BOM and if you are using CK40N for a finished

product , the system automatically calculates the cost of semi-finished products at any BOM level and

you can see the cost split up of any semi-finished product at the 4 step of the execution thats in

analysis.

So for checking purpose execute CK40N till analysis and then if you are values are correct means you

can mark and release the same in CK40N.

Check & revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

The idea of having both Itemization and Cost component structure view is to see the costing run in two views. In Itemization you would only see the cost for this material without Multi-level roll up and when you see the cost somponent structure it would show you the costs with cost roll-up.

I think you need to have both of them so meet your customer requirements.

If you are working in sand box or test client you can try to remove it by ignoring the warning and check if it showing the costs components costs without roll up or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj / Suraj,

Thanks for your valuable information. I agree with your comments, but i have seen, the standard cost of semi finished appearing in the CK11N for the finished goods, instead of the cost split or the break up of the semi finished goods appearing for finished goods. For example if the standard cost for semi finished is $455, which includes $240 of Raw material cost, i have seen in CK11N in the cost component structure for finished goods as "Semi Finished - $455" and "Raw material blank". But now i am seeing in cost comp sturucture for finished goods as "Semi finished - blank" and "Raw Material - $240" and so.

I am not sure if there is some thing i had messed up or my understanding is wrong.

I tried removing the field and skipped the warning, i get an error message during standard cost.

Thanks

Best Regards

gj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your semi-finished goods would have had only raw materials and activity cost and finished goods has semifinished, due to which in finished goods, it is cost rolling up the costs of semi-finished into raw materials and activity costs and adding it to the costs of finished goods.

Its very confusing...

former_member674271
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ggg_jjj,

This is what the purpose of indicator Cost Rollup in cost component structure(Tcode OKTZ). When this indicator is selected, it means the cost estimation will rollup the material cost, activity cost, overhead from the bottom level of materials/semi-finished products in the cost component split view.

If you do want to see the material cost, semi-finished product cost, activity cost or overhead from single level explosion, you can create a new cost component structure w/o this indictor ticked. And then assign the new cost component structure to your organization units from the new period.

Wish it could help you

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ggg jjj,

I'm confused after reading your problem.

Can you please explain clearly what's your exact issue and doubt?

Regards

Mangalraj.S