cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Processing Server failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed BO XI 3.1 on a windows 2003 platform. All servers were running well. After that I installed Crystal reports 2008 sp1.

Now 2 servers fail to start: Adaptive Processing Server and Multi-Dimensional Analysis Services Server.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have posted a service call with SAP. If / When a resolution is found i will share it.

Your message was sent successfully.

(0000198309 2009)

The message can be found in your SAP Service Channel Inbox.

former_member186327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All:

I have come across this error not just once but twice. Yes, the first time when I installed BOE 3.1 everything was fine. And then when I installed CR 2008 SP0 on the same machine the MDAS server was stopped obviously because the ADAPTIVE PROCESSING SERVER was failed to start. I initially didnu2019t see any correlation (and there should not be any, right) so thought I will try it again in my laptop.

But I get the same error in my laptop and it not only affects these two servers but also the CR installation. Because you will not be able to open / access the CR even after the installation was successful.

So I still strongly feel that the CR installation does something that causes the APS and MDAS failure. It would be great if someone from PG can confirm this.

Thanks.

Sathish Rajagopal.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sathish,

Issue you describe is a known issue with CR 2008 SP0 or RTM breaking XI3.1 installations.

That's why in SMP on download page for CR 2008 there is a note stating that with Xi3.1 only CR 3008 Sp1 can be used.

former_member186327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Denis!

That helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same problem which has been identified across 2 different servers. We also have installed Crystal 2008 SP1 but am unsure if this is what has caused the problem.

Any resolution to this problem would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same problem.

This error cause Content Search not wrok.

After Install XI 3.1 FixPack 1.2, It still the same error,

Did not fix these 2 server to work.

Does Anyone can give suggestion to fix it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same problem.

This error message cause Content Search not wrok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your answer. I tried your solution, but it made no difference for me.

I am still trying to find the solution.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having this same problem and have tried installing CR FP1.2 again. That did not work for me either. Has anyone found an answer for this? This is the only message I can find on this problem.

Thanks

Mike Mallozzi

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure CR 2008 SP1 was installed, not CR 2008 ?

Also, try deleting not starting servers and then re-creating them in CMC. Will new ones start ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. It seems, that I've solved the problem for me.

I've installed the Crystal Reports FixPack 2 and restart the server.

Now the AdaptiveProcessingServer is working fine again.

Hope it's not short-lived.

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I've got the same problem.

Is there any solution known yet?

Greetings,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hello,

they just crash ?? No Error or something ?

Take a look into your Eventviewer in Windows and try to trace the Servers.

You can do this by adding "-trace" parameter in the CMC at the server and then check the log after re- producing the Error. The log file will be placed in the logging dir. under your 3.0 root Folder.

Hopefully something usefull will be in theses .log`s !

Regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I checked the logfile, but still unsure what to do. Here is what the logfile says:

log4j:event logger="org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState" timestamp="1228396307751" level="ERROR" thread="main">

<log4j:message><![CDATA[Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state: abstractName="businessobjects/boeserver_bootstrap/12/car?ServiceModule=businessobjects/boeserver_bootstrap/12/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=BIPConfigurationDeployer"]]></log4j:message>

<log4j:throwable><![CDATA[org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of businessobjects/boeserver_request/12/car failed

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:544)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:508)

at com.businessobjects.framework.servers.platform.bootstrap.Boot.buildConfiguration(Boot.java:266)

at com.businessobjects.framework.servers.platform.bootstrap.Boot.doStart(Boot.java:95)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:977)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:267)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:513)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.attemptFullStart(GBeanDependency.java:111)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.addTarget(GBeanDependency.java:146)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency$1.running(GBeanDependency.java:120)

at com.businessobjects.framework.servers.common.fast.FastLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(FastLifecycleMonitor.java:178)

at com.businessobjects.framework.servers.common.fast.FastLifecycleMonitor.access$200(FastLifecycleMonitor.java:45)

at com.businessobjects.framework.servers.common.fast.FastLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(FastLifecycleMonitor.java:291)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:292)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:102)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:527)

at com.businessobjects.framework.servers.common.fast.FastKernel.startRecursiveGBean(FastKernel.java:357)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:527)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:508)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:804)

at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$7a90dcea.startConfiguration(<generated>)

at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:297)

at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)

at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:377)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.businessobjects.framework.servers.platform.bootstrap.Main.main(Main.java:273)

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown start exception

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:440)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:527)

... 41 more

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Configuration businessobjects/boeserver_startup/12/car failed to start due to the following reasons:

The service ServiceModule=businessobjects/boeserver_startup/12/car,j2eeType=metricAgent,name=GeneralMetric did not start for an unknown reason

at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:403)

... 43 more