cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DME File in F110

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I am trying to generate a DME file for automatic payments in F110. In FBZP, i am wondering which option should I use in Payment methods in Country- Payment medium workbench or Classic Payment medium programs.

Can any1 guide me regarding the config to be done in the above cases?

Thanks in advance

Hrishi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends. SAP delivers some electronic payment file formats from the classic payment medium program. However, it also provides some thru DME. If you are using or creating a DME file then you need to use the payment medium workbench, there is no other option.

Briefly for using DME format, you:

1. Create a Format tree using T code DMEE

2. This node then lets you complete the config:

Financial Accounting -> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable -> Business Transactions -> Outgoing Payments -> Automatic Outgoing Payments -> Payment Media -> Make Settings for Payment Medium Formats from Payment Medium Workbench

The following activities are carried out here, in the order given:

- Create Payment Media Format: Here you create a format with the same name as the format tree you have created in DMEE. You then assign the format tree to this format.

- Assign the format to Payment method

- Create and assign variants, where you maintain the selection variants for printing.

Needless to say, the basic settings for the automatic payment program will additionally be need to be done.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Neeraj for ur quick reply.

Do u imply that we cannot use Classic Payment Medium Programs for generating a DME file which would be a text file in the format which is specified by the Bank?

Secondly, If we use Payment Medium Workbench, and create the settings as specified in ur reply, how do I get the system to generate the file in the exact file as required by the Bank? Would it require some ABAP work? Or can it be done through customization?

Thanks in advance

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DME file in SAP context denotes a file generated using a fromat tree from DMEE.

In your case the key to getting started is to identify the following:

1. What is the electronic file format that the bank needs. Using a combination of the bank country and standard used to generate the file, you can check whether SAP already provides this format either thru the classic payment program or the Payment medium workbench. As an example in France, you use the ETEBAC3 format, which is provided as a standard payment medium format by SAP.

2. If the file does not adhere to a standard, then you should think of using DMEE. The benefits of DME Engine are:

- It does not usually need ABAP, a functional consultant can create a DME format.

- It offers both text and xml output

- Modification and creation is pretty simple once you get a hang of it.

In answer to your question of how. When you create the format, you actually create a tree with fields and field lengths specified in the bank format. when you assign this to the payment method, a file is automatically generated in that format.

I am giving below a couple of links which will explain the DME engine in more detail.

[Payment Methods with DMEE|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/30/55e43fc2140549a190ec6ffa486ca9/content.htm]

[DME Engine|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/e0/443d38a4136168e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm]

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.......Your answers have made things a lot clearer....

Just a doubt-

If I go for the DMEE option, I assume that the Tree Type is PAYM. Then, is there some standard format for Citibank India which you are aware of? I have found one format - CZSK-CITISK-D. Is this the one? Or do I get it from the Bank? Just to let u know that I already have the format from the bank and I just want to know if I need to create a new format tree or use an existing one.

I request your guidance as I go about configuring this process.

Thanks in advance

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no pre-delivered format for India. The one you have identified is either for the two countries broken up from the earlier Czechkoslovakia. You should look at the format and compare with what you need, to be sure.

You can also ask the Citibank representative to get you in touch with their technical team. They have a nice team in Mumbai which looks at SAP integration, they will definitely guide you. From my experience, they deliver a Z program which will come as an import for your SAP system, which downloads the file in their format.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

Nice explanation which you are providing about the APP DME file. I am also working first time on the same requirement and need some guidence, here I am working with IDBI bank and want to create a DME or text file in the bank format.

As per your last scrap can IDBI also have a Z program? If not than need your help to create a DME file.

Thanks and regards,

MD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, could you help me with this topic?

I need generate a text file from F110 with any CitiBank Format (CBPLP1024) to payments. I dont know if i can do this with MT940 Format (SWIFT Citibank)

Do you have some manual?

Regards,

Minerva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plese check the note 957032. There are a lot of specially Czech data medium formats.

Best regards, Hana

former_member293658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I wonder if you ever found a solution to generate a payment file in CBPLP1024 format. Would you be able to share some of the general steps please on how you achieved it if you were able?

We also have a requirement to do this currently.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Michael