cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting prompt for parameters while Verify Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a main report with a subreport in it. The main report gets its data from a SQL query and the subreport gets its data from a stored procedure. Now when I do a Verify Database on the main report it displays me a prompt to enter the parameter values for the subreport.

I want to know whether this prompt can somehow be suppressed?

I am using the Crystal ActiveX viewer to display the report on a window in a Powerbuilder application. I have done a verify database through Powerbuilder code and it displays the same prompt .I want to somehow suppress this prompt because it will not be good if users see this prompt each time they run the report.

I would like to mention that when I do a Verify Database on the subreport it shows me a message "Prompting Failed with the following error Message:''. Error Source: Error Code :0x8000FFFF"

Could this be the problem? How can this be resolved?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Amol Patwardhan on Dec 11, 2008 10:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Need more info:

Which report engine are you using and what version of Crystal?

It the Stored Procedure that is pormpting for the parameter values, Crystla is simply passing the request on to user.

Use the CurrentValue or set the all to NULL and then verify.

If the data source hasn't changed then you don't need to call Verify.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply.I am using Crystal Reports XI R2 with Powerbuilder 9.0. I have placed a Crystal Report Activex Control 11.5 using the crviewer.dll on a Powerbuilder window.

Could you please throw some more light on the statement where you said "Use the CurrentValue or set the all to NULL and then verify", where do i get the CurrentValue option in my RPT file.

Will it help if I pass a default value in the stored procedure parameters?

If I omit the command report_object.Database.Verify from my Powerbuilder code a get a different error which says:

Failed to retrieve data from DB. Details: [Database Vendor Code:6550]

If I delete the subreport from my main report and then run the report it works fine even if i omit report_object.Database.Verify in PB code.

Thanks,

Amol

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Ah... "If I delete the subreport from my main report and then run the report it works fine"

Are you looping through the report obejcts to find a subreport and once found setting the logon info the subreport also? This something that was changed in the RDC, we used to propogate the logon info but that assumed the subreport also used the same logon info as the main report. Obviously that caused problems so now you must set the subreport logon also.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I have to loop through the report object and set logon info for subreport, Could you please guide me as to how do you do it in Powerbuilder ?

As an alternative if I do not give the database.verify command in Powerbuilder code why do i get the error "Failed to retrieve data from DB Database Vendoe Code: 6550" ?

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Sorry no samples using PB. You can get VB RDC samples from this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/businessobjects-samples

The API process will be the same so you'll have to translate it into PB code.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don,

I will now be using RDC with my Powerbuilder App to view reports. I have a few questions regarding RDC.

1) I will be deploying my App on a machine which does NOT have Crystal Reports installed on it. Will my reports work if I just copy the runtime files craxdrt.dll & crviewer.dll on to the deployment machine and register them?