cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfering files to web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing a scenario there i have to transfer a pdf file form the application server to a 3rd party system.

The third party has come back asking us if it would be able to upload files into there server if they install a webservice called MTOM.

Does anybody have any idea of this web service ?

how do i send data to this web service?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible to send binary contents with a web service either by SOAP with attachments or SOAP with MTOM.

SOAP with attachments is just the more "old fashioned" way and MTOM is more favored by most modern web service frameworks.

The main difference is MTOM really defines the binary content inside the XML Message with a base64binary XML Schema datatype while with SOAP with attachments there"s no definition what binary content will come with the SOAP Message.

It's possible to send MTOM messages / SOAP with attachments with SAP PI, but the question is where do you get your binary contents from to attach it?

Do they get send by an other application throug PI to the receiver 3rd party system?

With best regards

Sebastian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's a pdf file, you'd better send it as soap attachment. In this case

in your file adapter communication channel, specify a dummy file as File Name, check Advanced Selection for source file, and put your pdf file info in it. The pdf will be picked up by XI as attachement and automatically put it in your soap attachment if you check Keep Attachment in the Conversion Parameter in your soap CC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any web service u can send data using SOAP adapter.

You will just need the URL and the WSDL for it. You can use any freely available web service for the purpose that suites your requirement.