cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System error: CL_RSR_RRK0_MULTIPROV_BUFH and form _GET_provbit-02-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Has anyone successfully implemented the sap delivered how-to paper on design of efficient multiproviders using table entries in RRKMULTIPROVHINT? I have around 6 Infocubes & 2 ODSes on this MP and I have the infocubes partitioned by 0fiscyear. In RRKMULTIPROVHINT, I have specified the multiprovider and CHANM to be 0fiscyear. I have left POSIT and MAXOR columns to be blank. With these settings, when I execute some queries in portal, it errors out with the above mentioned error.

But if I execute the same query in Bex analyzer, it is working fine and in RSRT, if I execute using ABAP web it is working fine. But when I execute the JAVA web, I get the same error message. But I dont receive this message for queries which do not have the 0fiscyear variable as a mandatory one. We are sitting on BI 7.0 with SP 19 and Java stack to be SP16.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Did you already check this SAP note (may be useful) -1275269

Regards,

Sunmit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunmit,

Yes I did check and apply this note. But it did not resolve it.

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are experiencing a similar problem, so I was wondering if you have come across a solution yet?

What I have found, is that if I have multiple date variables (not all mandatory) in a query, included in the Characteristic Restriction section, then I get your error message. Also, only get the error message when executing via the web - RSRT works fine.

However, if I move the variables into the key figures, then the query executes fine.

This is a possible work-around, but really not ideal, as if I have a query with 15 key figures, and they all have to be restricted with the same time variables, then I have to include those time variables in 15 places, as opposed to 1.

We are on SP18 currently.

Really hoping you came across a solution.

Cheers,

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

Do you have any ODSes (using same time charactaristics) on this multi? If so, either convert them to cubes or check if you can remove them from the multi provider too..Yeah this behaviour is strange, The code it goes thru while query execution in RSRT is different from the one it goes when executing via portal. Please check if this solves the issue.

If this is not a viable option, execute the code with RSRT with debug and check where it fails exactly. I am assuming it would be at the piece of code where it determines the SID of the time characteristics you are using for this pruning logic.

I hope this helps.

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Managed to solve the problem by importing a number of notes:

1275269 - this is the one that solved the problem eventually, but I don't know if the previous ones helped paved the way for this to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Andrew

bastien_lesage
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

To solve this problem

X MESSAGE BRAIN 299: CL_RSR_RRK0_MULTIPROV_BUFH GETPROVBIT-02-

(with our system SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0 sp20)

We need to activate again the multi provider.

Regards,

Bastien

former_member21257
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apply also these notes:

1359318 - Error when MultiProvider hints are processed

1372208 - BRAIN X299 in CL_RSR_RRK0_MULTIPROV_BUFH;

Dont forget to award pts to all who've contributed to this thread!

Rgds,

Colum

Answers (0)