cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anybody tell me the step by step procedure for activating source inspection.

what will be the inspection type

in quality inforecord what to be mentioned

at what stage inspection lot gets generated

what customization reqd. if any like that

Thanks

vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Pls find some info over it.

The Q-Info Record is used to trigger a source inspection lot for a material/vendor and plant. Under the tab key Inspection Control in Q-Info Record, you would find vendor source Inspection and under that select the inspection type desired for source inspection (say 01,0101) and give the lead time required to perform the inspection in days (say 10 days).

If you do not want to trigger an inspection lot @ GR for a source Inspection lot then check the box (Source Insp. No Gr).

Ensure that the inspection type selected @ source inspection is activated in the Material Master Record for the chosen material in the Quality Management View.

To trigger the lot manually you need to have some open purchase orders for the material/plant/vendor. Go to transaction QI07 and give the material code, vendor, plant and opening period.

When you execute the transaction you would find open purchase orders for the given input data. Select the Purchase Order you wish to perform Source Iinspection and choose Create Inspection Lot.

Source Inspection(SI): Well, you need to understand the concept and use of Source Inspection. The inspection lots created using this are not stock relevant as the material is not inward thru GR at the point when these lots are triggered. Hence the UD will not have a stock posting tab and if you want a stock posting tab then it becomes normal inspection (01). Hope you understand the difference, also after results record & UD if you decide not to have a inspection lot triggered @ GR then you need to update it in the Q-Info record. The settings for this scenario are already given below.

2) Inspection type (01,0101) can be activated @ the same time.In addition to this you can have a preferred indicator set for the inspection type you want to be selected when you perform goods receipt.

This check box is available in the inspection type set up in the Material master. If you do not check the preferred inspection type then the variant 01 for lot origins 01 is given preference.

If you want an inspection type 0101 to be triggered @ SI then you need to define this in the Q-Info record.

This would trigger the lot and then it is QE01 & QA11

[Most importantly refer this link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/0f/adfaa8354d11d4b2ea0050da4ceab0/content.htm]

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

A source inspection is a quality inspection in which Buyer required the quality check before the material received. So that he performed the quality inspection at the vendor's Location. ... These inspection lot triggers for inspection type 0101. Against this inspection Lot perform result recording QE01 & QA11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vinay,

you can create inspection point as a date.

attached it in your inspection plan header.

Do result recording for each inspection point.

whe product is finally accepted give usage decision.

Thanx & Regards,

Harish Parab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank Shyamal and Ravi for there prompt response

your solution is working fine,

now my quire with the above subject is

for the same purchase order I am doing source inspection repeatedely

means In my first visit at vendors end if the material was not ok ,I have to go 2-3 times over the period

till material finds ok, now my requirment is I have to record all these result from all my visits

so in single inspection lot i can not put 2-3 results for single characteristic, for that what to do ?

Thanks

Vinay

vivek_tembe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In the inspection plan (QP01), you can put multiple several operations for a single characteristic

So you can record for the same characteristic multiple times

Regards

Vivek Tembe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Sorry for replying it late, I missed the currency in replies, regret for the same.

Anyways there are more than one way to meet the requirement.

1. As said by Vivek create as much operations in the plan, he mean create the inspection plan according to the requirement according to the requirement every time for the source inspection plan.

2. Put the Control indicator (Radio Button) "Single Result" active for that MIC you need record results more than one time and provide Sam0le size = the number of times you want to make RR for the MIC. Because what this Single Result control indicator do is,. allows the MIC to execute for RR as equal times as the Sample size is.

3. Add Further inspection during Result recording itself, try to record results through QE51N, you will able to see it clearly there.

Above three are bit tricky options the easiest one is.

4. Create an Complete a set of Copy Mode MIC for this results. and assign them in RR itself as UNPLANNED characteristic.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

As Shyamal has put it correctly; please see how to simulate one simple scenario for Source Inspection

A.

1. Activate Inspection Type 01,0101in the QM view of MM. You may check "inspect with Tasklist" and "Post to Inspection Stock"

2. Create Q Info Recoed for this Material, Plant and Vendor Combination in QI01.You may add various other features here as Vendor Release, Inspection Control etc.

3.Create Catalog that you would want to use for Inspection (QS41)

4. Create Master Inspection Characteristics QS21 with Sampling Procedure and catalog details

5.Create Inspection Plan (QP01) and assign Sampling Procedure, Work Center,Master Inspection Characteristics etc.

Now you are set to do the Testing.If you create a PO and Release it, Inspection Lot will be created and Sampling Procedure gets assigned to the Lot.The Lot gets blocked as Stock in Quality.

You can now do the Result Recording, Defect Recording (if required) and Usage Decision to move it to Unrestricted to be used in Production.

B.

To initiate Source Inspection, Shyamal has in detail described it.

You need to set this up in Q Info Record as checked vendor source Inspection and the lead time required to perform the inspection in days.

You need to make relevant setting in SPRO under QM-->QM In Logistics -->Define Control Key

You have three choices for a rejection at Source Inspection here:

1.Source Inspection with no effect on GR

2.GR Blocked

3.Create new Inspection Lot

This needs to be assigned in QM view of MM.

You have various flavours depending on the business requirements, like updating results via. Internet at Vendor Premise etc.

Start it and keep us posted.Our folks at SDN are ever ready to help !!

Thanks,

RKM.

You may also refer : http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/QMPROC/QMPROC.pdf and search for Source Inspection

Edited by: RAVI MISRA on Jan 13, 2009 2:41 PM

Edited by: RAVI MISRA on Jan 13, 2009 3:13 PM