cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal XI and Delphi 2007 (GetVersionInfo Error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was trying my best not to post this question here but somehow I have to do it.

I'm using Delphi 2007 (win32) and crystal v10. I downloaded the vcl which were availble for XI and did the changes in the vcl and installed it. Everything worked fine.

Now, all of sudden, when of my client who is using Crystal XI professional 11.0.0.895. Eventually it came to a point where i have to develop application in delphi to support XI.

I removed old vcl for CR10 (which were changed from VCL11 and installed VCL again so that it support crystal report XI.

Also I learned from Forum that i have to use merge module to make things work with Crystal XI. I downloaded merge module crxir2sp4_rdc_mm.zip and in visual studio built the installer and installed it on my development machine.

Now when I go back to delphi, if i add the report in delphi and try to execute it, it comes with error

"Error:104 Failed to obtain version information from crpe32.dll GetCrpeVErsion <GetVersionInfo>

Windows Error Number 1812. The specified image file did not container a resource section"

Just to let you know i still have crystal 10 on my computer and i installed crystal xi r2 so that i able to use the xi.

I always hesitate to put the queries on forum until things are out of my hand. Hopefully someboy will give me the clue to sort this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Parv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parv,

The RDC merge modules do not include the crpe32.dll. You didn't mention whether or not you added this file to your setup package manually before deploying the merge modules. If not, give this a try.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, i added crpe32.dll from c:\program files\business objects\common\3.5\bin\crpe32.dll.

But still the same.

What else it could be?

Thanks,

Parv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to let you guys know i noticed followin

hi,

i created runtime merge module for crx12r2 sp4 setup with vs 2008. i included liceense, reportengine, runtime and crpe32.dll in the setup.

i created the setup and when i executed it on a new machine, it did the entries in registry for common path etc but i'm not sure where it is copying all runtime files.

logically the files support to be c:\program files\common files\business objects\3.5

i'm not sure i need to do some thing special or some propety to be set so that o installation it copy the files are right place.

please help........

ps - the setup file size is approx. 67mb.

thanks in advance.

parv

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I find a lot ot confusion in this post as to exactly what you need to do. To start off with, CR XI, is not the same as CR XI release 2 (11.5). Thus the VCL for CR XI will not work using the CR XI r2 runtime. As support for the VCL was terminated at CR XI (11.0), no new VCL will be published. However, You can update the CR XI VCL to CR XI r2 by following the instructions here:

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/files/Updating%20the%20CR%20XI%20VCL.pdf

Use this updated VCL with CR XI release 2. You then have to use the CR XI r2 RDC merge modules and add the CRPE32.dll to your deployment package. Also, you must insure that the crpe32.dll is installed to the correct bin directory. For CR 11.5, this is c:\program files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin.

Ludek

Answers (0)