cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPRS- Error in quantity/value determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this error in VPRS condition while creating sale order. The material is valuated at Moving Average price. Getting the following message:

Diagnosis

This condition has not been determined using condition records. The amount or value should be determined from another data source. For cost (condition category 'G') it is read using conditions from the material valuation segment, for a cash discount condition it is read using conditions from the terms of payment table.

In this transaction an error occurs - the material valuation segment or the terms of payment table could not be read or a currency translation has failed.

System Response

The condition has been provided with the deactivated indicator 'X'.

Procedure

Refer to the messages in the status line of the condition overview screen.

Have checked the following settings in the system:

OMS2- Value and Quantity updation have been checked

VOV7- Determine cost had been checked in item category

VPRS has been mentioned as statistical condition, Subtotal- B and reqt-4 has been mainatined

No access sequeance has been assigned to VPRS

Material price has been maintained and it is showing in the Accounting view of the material master

Please suggest me any further settings which should be checked and please help me in solving the error.

Rgds,

Antima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor

Hi

What is the value maintained in the field 'Condition Category' in the definition of the condition type VPRS. What is the price maintained in the material master(standard or moving average)?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The condition category is G(internal Price) and the price maintained is Moving average price as the we have taken price control as V.

Also checked the same thing by creating another material with Standard Price control but still the error is coming.

Rgds,

Antima

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please change the Condition Category to 'T' and check. This is just to cross check.

Thanks,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Antima

Go to V/06, select the condition type VPRS and execute. There ensure that you have maintained the following:-

- Cond. class:::::::::B

- Calculat.type:::::::C

- Cond.category:::::G

- Qty conversion:::::X

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I have checked these settings, and all the settings are there.Anything else?

Rgds,

Antima

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Antima

Can you please let us know the error message number which system displays.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi.

The message # is 217.

Rgds,

Antima

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Antima

This is not the full form. Some alpha value would have been prefixed to 217. Please recheck and give the correct error message number, so that it will be easy to conclude why you are facing this issue.

I also hope that you know how to see the error message. If not, while in sale order at some point of time, system throws the message which you have indicated first, at the bottom screen. Double click that error message so that a box will open on top of which, you can see the error message number.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi, but the message no is 217 only, there is no prefix or suffix for the same.

Rgds,

Antima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your valuable inputs, the problem has been resolved.

The material movement had not happened for the material so it was not taking the price at header level. After uploading the material stock, the error is not coming.

Rgds,

Antima

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Antima

On your comments

1.  I am getting this error in VPRS condition while creating sale order 

2.  material movement had not happened for the material

I still feel that this is not your solution. It could be due to different reasons.

As you are aware, while creating sale order, movement type will not come into picture. Only during delivery processing, this will flow.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I fully agree that no material movement happens at sale order level.

When we are updating the cost price of material through MR21 then we are doing it at material item level. The cost of material comes at header level only when there is any material movement for the material, which can be uploading of stock directly or through transfer from production.

So while creating the order, it is checking the material cost at header level of material and was giving error. But when we upload the stock then cost flows at material header and the VPRS gets updated.

If you know about split valuation, then can you please tell me the setting for checking the material valuation at item level of material.

Rgds,

Antima