cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am trying to refresh an existing DESKI report and getting to following error:

Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005)

Exception: DBD, [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specifiedState: IM002

I have recreated my ODBC connections and checked that all the servers is running under the CMC console.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

... What you also need to check, but I doubt that it's the issue, is the connection in the univers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques, the problem was in the Universe, I had set up a ODBC connection, but I had to go and link it in the Universe.

Thanks - points assigned!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is a really old question but for those people who may come across it.  The most common reason for this error today is the end user getting the error using a new computer.

There is a difference between REFRESHING the data Provider and entering the Query Panel and Re-Running the report. REFRESHING takes the same SQL and re-runs it against the same connection that was used last.  If they are using a new computer the report is trying to use the network path of the old PC.

Resolution:  Re-entering the Query Panel will rebuild the SQL picking up any changes and it will run against the current Universe/User connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi De Villiers,

If you are creating the ODBC locally on your machine, you need to create it with exaclty the same name and settings as it is created on the server i.e if you are using trusted connections etc. Using ODBC is painfull as the connection name needs to be created exactly the same as on all client machines and the server.

Take the connection settings from one of the client machines or server that does work and compare it to the connection you are having a problem with.

Hope this helps

Jacques

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi De,

Try to use

tnsping <name of the service>

at command prompt check if that gives you an OK at the end.

for eg :

C:> tnsping Oracle

If this gives you ok then create a ODBC connection and the try to test the connection.

Hope this would help you

Regards

Prashant