cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Change rules - Header Document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is the FI document type field which is BKPF-BLART a field that can be changed once the doucment is posted.

SAP will let me add the field in the Change header rules but the field is greyed out.

Is this a prohibited field or would the system have told me upon saving that this field was not allowed to be changed since linked to number ranges etc.

If this is not able to be done through sap standard what implications do you think there would be for changing this field in prior posting periods etc.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannot change the document type, as this will indulge the integrity of the document itself.

You can change documents that have already been posted. To do this, however, you must satisfy certain conditions imposed by the system. This is necessary because random document modifications can have problematic consequences, preventing the possibility of reconciliation. In addition, you can define your own conditions in the form of document change rules.

Fields that cannot be changed

the posting amount, the account, the posting key, the fiscal year, and the tax amount cannot be changed.

Conditions for field changes:

Posting Period has not been closed

Line item not cleared

Customer Debit or Vendor Credit

Not an invoice related credit memo

Not a credit memo for a down payment

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Im just a bit confused by this reply. On one had it says I cant change the document type then on the other it says I can.

I have already entered the field into the document change rules to the header and ticked that it can be changed and left the other fields blank - however it wont let me overwrite the document type.

I was wondering if there is a definitive list of what fields are not allowed so that I can show this to the customer - the help on it only states the posting key, account and the amount.

Thanks

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can keenly observe my answer given to you. First line is YOU CANNOT change DOCUMENT TYPE on a posted document. Second line is YOU CAN change DOCUMENTS that have already been posted.

1. You cannot change the document type, as this will indulge the integrity of the document itself.

2. You can change documents that have already been posted.

DOCUMENT TYPE CANNOT BE CHANGED. (THIS IS PART OF HEADER)

DOCUMENT LINE ITEMS CAN BE CHANGED (THIS IS PART OF LINE ITEM)

Document line item fields like assigment, text (which are non critical in nature) can be changeable. Even in Document Line item, there are critical fields, changing which will indulge the integrity of the document like posting amount, the account, the posting key, the fiscal year, and the tax amount CANNOT BE CHANGED. Meaning even in document line items, CRITICAL FIELDS for a document CANNOT BE changed.

Even if you want to changed NON-CRITICAL fields on a document item level, you have to satisfy the following rules:

Posting Period has not been closed

Line item not cleared

Customer Debit or Vendor Credit

Not an invoice related credit memo

Not a credit memo for a down payment

Hope I am clear now, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we upgraded to ECC6 from 4.7 and now i am unable to change the header reference field (BKPF-XBLNR) ??

We were able to change it in 4.7 and i comparted the configuration from 4.7 to ECC6 nothing has changed !!

Is it not allowed in ECC6 ???

Thanks,

Reddy

amr_elsherif
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

i'm asking about the probability to change document line after it posted """amount field""" as i made it a changeable field?

or it was a some special fields which forbidden to change it Even if i flagged it as changeable fields?

BR

Amr

JavedKamal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amr,

You cannot change the "amount" filed in posted documents, either you have configured the rule for change line item.

Regards
Javed

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP allows changing only few fields which may not have significant impact in accounting point of view like texts, assignment etc.

In case there is something wrong with critical fields, you have to reverse the existing document and post with correct data.

Thanks,

V V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Check the attached screen shot, click new entries and add the field.

Regards,

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amr,

Ravi clearly explained everything in very easily to understand for every one.  Still you are not able to understand this

Please refer the below link:

Changing Documents - Document - SAP Library

Regards,

Umamageshwaran.S

Message was edited by: Umamageshwaran Srinivasan