cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 'Program not registered' while testing RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a RFC with type T. When I am testing the same through SM59, I am getting error:

Logon Connection Error

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details ERROR: program <program name>not registered

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host xxxxxx / sapgw01

Error Details DETAIL: TP <program name> not registered

Error Details COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

Error Details COUNTER: 6268

Error Details MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Error Details LINE: 1694

Error Details RETURN CODE: 679

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700

Error Details TIME: Tue Jan 27 00:56:55 2009

Error Details VERSION: 2

Can anybody help me in this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Experts

I am having problems while testing an RFC connection PI_RFC in one of our PI quality system.

Here is the Error log

Logon Connection Error

Error when opening an RFC connection

ERROR: program PI_RFC not registered

DETAIL: TP PI_RFC not registered

Details COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

COUNTER: 15866

MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Details RETURN CODE: 679

We tried restarting the JCO-RFC provider service in VA,also tried restarting the Gateway service, tried registering the RFC using below command

rfcexec u2013g PI_RFC -a bp1xeuaa202 -x sapgw01

rfcexec u2013D PI_RFC

the command didnt gave any output also in SMGW tcode we didnt get the entry(PI_RFC) under system type as registered server.

Still we are facing the same issue, can anyone please help us in resolving this issue.

Regards

Syed

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created jco RFC with same name in VA. Try entering GWhost and GWservice in SM59 ABAP connection.

-Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

We have already done with putting gateway hostname and service,still same issue. however we have not maintained the JCO RFC in VA but this is to inform u for all other systems we have not created the particular JCO RFC in VA but still that is working fine.

Please suggest anything else if we can check?

Regards

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced the same issue and this is because of new security parameter set for Gateway server.

Please refer to Note 1480644 - gw/acl_mode versus gw/reg_no_conn_info. You can resolve this issue by setting ABAP Parameter gw/acl_mode = 0 in your BW / BI system or following the instructions mentioned in the note .

Regards

Bhupesh Akkineni

0 Kudos

Thanks Bhupesh the solution mentioned by you has helped me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u bhupesh i too got the same issue

regards

uday reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhupesh. Your solution solve my issue too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to connect abap and portal through RFC then only you need to choose program register id in sm59 of abap and one more thing is you need to use this same program id in JCO rfc provider service of Visual admin tool of portal.

narsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something helpful related to this

The program in the above error should be registered in the gateway for this connection test to complete successfully. The server program rfcexec is responsible for its registration on the gateway.

To register the program login into the OS level as sudo su - <sid>adm and execute the following command.

rfcexec u2013g<program id> -a<gateway host name> -x<gateway service>

rfcexec is the server program name, the <program id> can be obtained from SM59, it is case sensitive and should match with the entry in SM59. The <gateway host name> and <gateway service> can be obtained from the transaction SMGW. When this command is executed it goes to a hanging loop.

The connection will fail once this command is terminated or the user executing this command logs off

To avoid this, instead of using the above mentioned command an entry should be made in the file saprfc.ini

To do this, execute the following command

sudo su - <sid>adm

rfcexec u2013D<destination name>

<destination name> is the RFC destination name in SM59

So now we are done with registering the server program, but how do we check it is registered, once a server program is registered it is displayed in the Logged on clients in SMGW.

In transaction SMGW choose GOTO-> Logged on clients. There should be an entry for the server program in the screen that is displayed with system type Registered_TP (which indicates that the program is registered)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks amit for your reply.

This RFC destination with the program name was automatically created during creation of entry for pre-calculation server for BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

If you trying an RFC connection from ABAP to JAVA engine then you need to created the program you have mentioned as the connection in Visual admin of the JAVA engine.

Provide more details of the connection you are trying

Regards,

Anandh