cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process chain terminated with returncode 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i have a simple process chain and i tried to activate it then it says JOB BI_PROCESS_DROPINDEX could not be scheduled. Terminated with returncode 8.

can anyone tell me whats this error and how to fiz this.

Thanks

kavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

If the error is found in chain one then chain two wont get executed in case of meta chain .

The chain one is delta infopackage, so need to check whether previous delta is success, after that process need to be monitored and meanwhile check the PSA , all the data are fine .

Regards

Prasanna William

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Kavi,

this is due to the setting of background user used (ALEREMOTE?)

there is oss note ... back to you soon

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Kavi,

it's 511475 - Scheduling jobs with BW background users

you may use su01, and change the user type in tab 'logon data', set the type to 'system' or 'background'. ask basis help if you have no authorization to do so.

hope this helps.

Symptom

You cannot schedule or perform any batch jobs with the BW or source system background user.

The error RSPC 065 occurs in the process chains:"Job could not be scheduled, termination with return code 8"

Other terms

RSPC065

Reason and Prerequisites

The user type is

"CPIC" up to 4.6B

"Communication" as of 4.6C

This user type may not execute or start any batch jobs, irrespective of the user authorizations.

Solution

Set the type of background user to

"Background" up to 4.6B

"System" as of 4.6C

This user type corresponds to the "Communication" type and may also perform background functions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi a.h.p and nagesh

well, a.h.p, u were right. its the problem with aleremote.

nagesh, i clciked on the error and performance assistant opened up and there it talks about aleremote.

as said by a.h.p, i went to su01 and changed the settings to communication and saved.

came back to my process chain and clicked on activate and again its saying the same message. any further light!

kavi

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kavi,

check rsa1->setting->global setting->global setting

in next screen, BW User ALE = ALEREMOTE ? this is the user is used to run background job of process chain. check if the user exist in su01 and the type.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI A.H.P:

as told by you, i went to su01 and changed the settings of logon to communication yesterday but i still i was getting the same errror.

i posted the same here and went home.

and today (i mean now)i cant even login to the system. it says, " PLEASE LOGON WITH A DIALOG USER".

can you please help me how can i login first into the system. i am on a sandbox system.

Thanks

kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavi,

If change it to Dialog then u can able to login to BW.

Can you tell me what is the error message u r getting in process Chain after implementing Note 511475. try to check for messages.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAGESH:

all i can see:

client:

user:

password:

Language:

and when i typed my usual login its saying: please logon with a dialog user.

please help

kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

no it can't be... yesterday i changed ALEREMOTE setting in DEV. r u sure did u changed for ALEREMOTE?

Check with administrator? check with your colleague? can he able access the SU01. check your profile in SU01.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh

thanks for ur time.

i went to su01 and changed the settings of logon to <b>communication</b>.

then went home.

and today (i mean now)i cant even login to the system. it says, " PLEASE LOGON WITH A DIALOG USER".

can you please help me how can i login first into the system. i am on a sandbox system.

Thanks

kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you change for 'ALEREMOTE' "i went to su01 and changed the settings of logon to communication.

then went home."?

Check with administrator? check with your colleague? can he able access the SU01. ask him check your profile in SU01.

<b>I think u changed for ur User ID?</b>

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

TRY TO CHECK THE PLANING LOG? AND RIGHT CLICK ON THE DELETE INDEX PROCESS GO WITH DIAPLAY MESSAGE.

CAN YOU TELL ME THAT MESSAGE? CAN YOU TELL HOW YOU DESIGNED THAT?

NAGESH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I went to the planning view and then rt clk on my "delete index" and i didnt find any display message. i can see create message. all i am getting is the error at the bottom (task bar).

mine is a simple PC with a start, delete, load into IC, create index.

thats its pretty much. ami missing anything?

kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO CAN YOU CLICK ON CHECK ICON ON THE APPLICATION TOOL BAR? THEN CHECK THE LOG ICON(BESIDE THE CHECK ICON) OR RIGHT CLICK ON DELETE PROCESS DISPLAY MESSAGE.

NAGESH.