Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM subassembly Alternate

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

How can we pick the Alterante of the Sub assembly for the Final Assembly BOM.

Suppose I M having the Final Assembly BOM for which is there r 10 subassembly and out of the 10 Sub assembly for one subassembly there r 2 alternate and i have active the 2 alternate and system is taking

1st one.

then pl tell me what will be for using the active subassembly for the final assembly.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PAnkaj

Go to CS02 in BOm then go to Header there u will find status make Alternate 1 inactive and do active for alternate 2 Active and run fresh MRP MD02 then you will find the requirement for alternate 2 is generated

Rwd if Usefull

rgds

BV

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Brijesh

i have already inactive for the alternate 1 , and now active the second Alternate and when i m checking thefinal assembly Bom there is subassembly with the first Alternate but Practically it would be the Second Alternate Shown there.

u check u process is it working fine in u r Industry.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

Ex:- FX1- Final Assembly -

Ax1- Sub assembly with 1 alternate -Deactive

2 Alternate-active

Now we explade BOM for FX1 then would be captured Ax1 with 2 alternate but system is taking AX1 with 1 alternate.

Got my point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I have one question how you have done inactivation for version 1. I mean to say which indicator you have set Deletion Indicator OR Deletion Flag. If you have set the Deletion Flag than system will still continue to use it because this indicator is for Archiving & not for processing.

Your clarification will help to give suggessions.

Regards,

Navin

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

we r not using version concept here.

we r just taking the alternate of Bom, and u r right the Deletion flag is for the Archiving.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

To select the desired Alternative like 02 in your case. Add the alternative BOM in CS11 main screen & click no View next to execute button or press F5. In View screen Under Define View tick mark the Alt Priority Tab. This will explore the Alternative given in Main screen i.e 02.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As mentioned in my previous posting, in CS11 i am able to read only the active alternative. I have simulated the exact same scenario as specified by you.

In the BOM status field when you press F4, do you see any boxes ticked for BOM status - 2?

Regards,

Vivek

Is the issue resolved? Revert back.

Edited by: Vivek on Feb 11, 2009 5:39 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let us know what had happened?

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually vivek

in the final Assembly all of alternate are inactive , and what is need --- 1 or 2 alternate(which is inactive ) will need the 2 alternate(which is active ) of subassembly.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

In MRP-4 view of the material you can define which alternative BOM is to be selected. The options are as below:

Blank - With Selection by order quantity, the system chooses the alternative BOM into whose lot size range the order quantity falls. The lot size range and area of validity of the BOM apply.

1 - With Selection by explosion date, the system chooses the alternative BOM into whose area of validity the date falls according to the setting BOM via dates.

2 - With Selection by production version, the system chooses the alternative BOM defined in the valid production version. The lot size range and area of validity of the production version apply.

3- With Selection only by production version, the system chooses the alternative BOM defined in the valid production version. The lot size range and area of validity of the production version apply.

If no production version is found, no production orders or process orders can be created.

But if the quantity & validity dates of the 2 alternatives are same & both are active, then system by default picks alternative - 1. But if you wish to force selection of alt. 2 then as suggested above, make alt. 1 inactive.

If helpful award points

Regards,

Vivek

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek

MRP is secondary things and u r saying right for the MRP which is set at the MRP 4 , But i m talking about Alternate when we r checking Cs11.

i have already deactive 1 alternate and put new Alternate 2 And active it for Sub Assembly of the BOm , now i m checking the Final Assembly BOM then system is taking the Subassembly with first alternate which is deactivate already.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Not sure what you're passing as the input or the changes made. But at my end i have simulated the same, where-in for Alt-1 i have set the BOM status at header level as 2 (i.e. inactive). Now i explode the BOM in CS11 & picks Alt-2.

If i remove the inactive status of Alt-1 then it selects 1. So kindly do a re-check at your end.

In case i have not understood your query, please let me know.

Regards,

Vivek

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek

i have added example for the Brijesh Also, u can check

there is one final Assembly and then Sub assembly and i m talking about when i m having 2 alternate of Sub assembly and 2 alternate of the Sub assembly is active , and now i m exploding the BOM by Cs11 for Final Assembly then system is taking Sub assembly but alternate 1,(which is in active).

hope u understand.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal