cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter Company posting in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have 5 Co codes assigned to 1 company. Document split is activated.I have done unique combination for cross company code posting in OBYA.

When i try to post an incoming payment in Co A against invoice of other co code B the entry gets simulated with additional 2 lines items for 2 co codes. But when i try to post it gives following error.

"A unique company code has not been assigned to company number CMGH

Message no. GLT0001

Diagnosis

Document breakdown is active in your system. In certain cases, a company code is derived from the company ID number, and this must lead to the assignment of a unique company code.

A unique company code could not be assigned to company number CMGH. "

Can anyone please help on this.

Thanks

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

himanshu_chandna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I have something to ask. I have gone through the  Inter-company postings and have already posted one and i can see all the three documents generated.

Sir, please correct me if i am wrong, here comes my question

Since i have set the two gls assigned in OBYA as open item, I need to clear the two line items with each other (two legs which system generated)(thanks to Ravi ).

When I go to respective transaction code to clear the GLs among themselves, system clears the existing line items, but adds two more few items as if another inter company transaction is taking place. With the above action, those gl s are open again.

Please guide me, am i missing something?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to assign both the company codes to the same company in OX16.

You can post the cross company code postings even between two controlling areas. The system does not prevent to post documents between two company codes in two controlling area. Need not necessarily they should be under one operating concern. Provided you have to make sure that you have followed the following points:

In OBY6 - To company codes must be assigned to same Company, meaning that you mus thave created a Company and that company must have been assigned to these two company codes.

OBYA - You should maintain the clearing accounts in both the company codes. Meaning that you are posting one leg in one company code and the other leg in the other company. Therefore, it is required to have the missing legs in each company code.

Company Code1 - Posting Key 40 - Clearing Account

Company Code1 - Posting Key 50 - Clearing Account

Company Code2 - Positng Key 40 - Clearing Account

Company Code2 - Posting Key 50 - Clearing Account

OB08 - In case if the two company codes have different local (company code) currencies, you may maintain the exchange rates.

You can now go to F-02 and post a cross company code transaction giving the first leg in first company code and the second leg in second company code. Missing leg in the first company code will be posted to the GL Account mentioned in OBYA and the missing leg in the second company code will be posted to the GL Account mentioned in OBYA. That means you will have four line items overall.

The system will post three document.

Document 1 in First Company Code

Document 2 in Second Company Code

and

Document3 - Cross Company Code Document.

The cross company code document consists of the first company code document number plus company code plus last two digits of the fiscal year.

Hope this must have clarified your doubts.

Please let me know in case if you need further details.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for your feedback.

I gather from your reply that to perform inter co postings when doc splitt is activated i need to have different company for each company code to make it a 1:1. I have currently assigned 5 co codes to a common group company and i have a common controlling area and single currency.

Is there any other way to perform inter company postings keeping a single company assigned to multiple co codes.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was getting the same error message and just now figured out how to resolve it in my situation. In my case, document splitting is active in ECC 6.0 and the cross company configuration (OBYA) uses affiliate vendors and customers for the cross company code postings. My cross company code posting is in the form of a vendor payment where I am allocating the cost across company codes.

To correct the situation, I changed the document splitting rules (IMG: "Classify Document Types for Document Splitting") for the document type that I was using from transaction "0300-vendor invoice" to "0000-unspecified posting". The entries now post without error even though I have multiple Company Codes assigned to the same Company.

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The error you described is usually coming from customizing.

I believe that the one global company is assigned to two or more FI

company codes, or FI company codes involved in cross-cc transaction do

not have global company assigned (blank assignment). Please check this

with tcd:OX16.

The document splitter requires 1:1 unique assignment between global

company and FI company code to be able to split the cross-company

code postings correctly.

GLT0001 is issued when:

- global company code is not assigned for FI company codes that are

involved for cross-company code postings

and/or

- one global company code is assigned for two or more FI company