cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting period is error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have situation that systems resposes the error as below message. FYI I have done MMPV and my input is correct, I have checked in finance open and close period is correct as well. I need your assistance to guide me as per diagnosis below.

Posting only possible in periods 2009/02 and 2009/01 in company code 0546

Message no. M7053

Diagnosis

The posting date entered is not within one of the permitted posting periods (current period/previous period).

This can be due to one of two reasons:

The correct current period has not been set in the system.

For the system, the first of the entered periods is the current period. At the beginning of a new period, your systems administrator must change the current period in the material master record, using the function "Shift periods". This has not yet been done.

You have entered a wrong date in the field "Posting date".

Procedure

Check the posting date and correct it if necessary. If your input is correct, inform your systems administrator that the "period shifting" (period-end closing) process has not yet been completed

Best regards,

Mahnansa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check the Current period in OMSY trx...for your Comp code..

Then go to MMPV and enter Comp code, Period & Year

and execute...

Ex: if the current period in OMSY for your Comp code is 01,2008

then you need to enter period 02, 2008 in MMPV trx...

so, that period 01,2008 will be closed & Period 02,2008 will be opened automatically...

You need to close periods one by one like this..

until the period you want use...

Remember you can not Roll back the closed period

Be careful in closing the MM period in PRD client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all of you, I have performed all checking in OMSY, MMPV and OB52 all those parameters are correct. Any advices?

Best regards,

Mahnansa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Fiscal year Variant for your Comp COde in OBY6 trxn..

and check whether the periods maintained in OMSY is relevant for the Fiscal year Periods or Not

Sridhar77
Explorer
0 Kudos

while closing the current period from 2/2022 to 3/2022 i have by mistake entered 8/2022 but when i check in mmrv now the current period still showing me 2/2022. now again i tried to close with 3/2022 in mmpv and checked again in mmrv its showing the current period as 2/2022 only. its has not taking either 8/2022 or 3/2022. how to change it to 3/2022 now. with out solving this migo is not possible it is displaying the error.

Posting only possible in periods 2022/02 and 2022/01 in company code BB02

Message no. M7053

Diagnosis

The posting date entered is not within one of the permitted posting periods (current period/previous period).

• The correct current period has not been set in the system.
    For the system, the first of the entered periods is the current period. At the beginning of a new period, your systems administrator must change the current period in the material master record, using the function "Shift periods". This has not yet been done.
  • You have entered a wrong date in the field "Posting date".

Procedure

Check the posting date and correct it if necessary. If your input is correct, inform your systems administrator that the "period shifting" (period-end closing) process has not yet been completed.

please help me

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hello Every one
From my point of view
first, need to check OB29 in that check your Fiscal year whether it is calender depends or year depends
if your year depends on that basis you need to set OB52.

hope you got your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> 1. When I post in MIGO - message pops us as "posting only possible in periods 2010/12 and 2010/11 in comany code KKK2"

>

> 2. In OMSY - The values are as shown above in item (1) when i try to change the values (month and year) message comes as " not possible because material valuation record already exist"

>

> 3. In MM01/MM02 - In Accounting - the current periods is greyed as 12 2010

>

> Please guide in detail to overcome and post in MIGO

>

> Thanks in advance

>

> Regards

> Kumar

>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all you, case solved.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to OB52, and enter the last three entries as 02,2009, 13, 2009, 16, 2009 and do this for all account types...

Please check this with the FI consultant as well...

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Sridhar77
Explorer
0 Kudos

while closing the current period from 2/2022 to 3/2022 i have by mistake entered 8/2022 but when i check in mmrv now the current period still showing me 2/2022. now again i tried to close with 3/2022 in mmpv and checked again in mmrv its showing the current period as 2/2022 only. its has not taking either 8/2022 or 3/2022. how to change it to 3/2022 now. with out solving this migo is not possible it is displaying the error.

Posting only possible in periods 2022/02 and 2022/01 in company code BB02

Message no. M7053

Diagnosis

• The correct current period has not been set in the system.
  • You have entered a wrong date in the field "Posting date".

Procedure

Check the posting date and correct it if necessary. If your input is correct, inform your systems administrator that the "period shifting" (period-end closing) process has not yet been completed.

please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in OB52 for your company code weather the posting period is open or not.

else check the fiscal year variant maintained for your company code, wheather the first month is April or January.

If it is april then the posting period should be 11 for yuor fiscal year.

Regards,

Bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check it in the material master accounting view of any material and check the current period. if will show the period for cross checking purpose.

If any miss match close period in MMPV.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Still facing the problem check the following

Check it in OMSY

In OMSY steps, u have to enter .....

Company Code .....

Company Name ..............

Fiscal Year of Current Period 2009

Current period (posting period) X

It is not allowing you to change then follow the procedure.

If ur in sandbox then follow the procedure not in production

1. USE t.code OX18, and delete the plants assigned to your CO.Cd and save.

2. USE t.code OMSY and change the posting period to the one you want and save.

3.USE t.code OX18 and assign the plants you have deleted in step 1.and save.

( if u follow this all G/L setting in OBYC will be deleted)

Note:

You can set period for Material Management in following process..............

In OMSY steps, u have to enter .....

Company Code .....

Company Name ..............

Fiscal Year of Current Period 2009

Current period (posting period) X

Fiscal year of previous period 2009( will come automatic) Month of previous period( X-1)( will come automatic) Fiscal year of last period of previous year 2007 Last month of previous year 12 Allow Posting to Previous Period (Back posting) Disallow back posting after a change of period

Regards,

Raman

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check OMSY transaction for company code 0546 - periods in open and then open the period in MMPV transaction.

Thanks