cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Datasource with RSO2 & Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a datasource using an existing standard function module (BAPI_TRIP_GET_DETAILS) using transaction RSO2. However when I create it with RSO2 and enter the function module I get an error. I seem to think that in the Extract Structure field I need to enter E_T_DATA. However this structure does not seem to exist - the error message says to check table DD02L . Am I doing the right thing? Why diesnt this table exist? Where am I going wrong? Can I use a standard SAP provided function module? Any help much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

Try cluster PCL1(TE)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes,

E_T_DATA has to be there in the tables tab of FM. Give ur structure name in the assocaited type.

bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I change a standard BAPI so this is included on the tables tab. To test this does fix it I found another function module where it is on the table tab and tried to create another datasource in exactly the same way. But i still get the error:

Entry E_T_DATA does not exist in DD02L (check entry)

Message no. 00058

Diagnosis

Input values must be defined in Table DD02L. The value or values 'E_T_DATA ' are not specified in this table.

Procedure

Check whether the input is correct and correct if necessary.

Procedure for System Administration

If this is not an incorrect entry, check the system settings and change them if necessary.

If there is a connection to the Customizing system, you can maintain the system settings by choosing Customizing in the Performance Assistant or Maintain Entries (F5) when displaying the help in a modal dialog box.

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check with ABAP guy if any or try to post the same in ABAP side..u may get some help at this point of time.

bhaskar