cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM authorization controls -reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends ,

we use only BOM with usage 1 -production BOM , we dont want to maintain many BOMs like engineering bom ,design bom ,production bom like that seperately.

in this context we require some authorization control to control the users for BOM changes for

BOM during new product developmental stage

BOM once mass production kicks

we want certain people only authorised to create or change BOM at new product development stage (precisely at R&D personnel )

once it goes to mass production we dont want the R&D personnel control on it we would like to authorize operations personnel to take owership of it

is this can be done ? which object i have to use to differentiate between BOM at new product stage and mass production stage

once it changes from new product stage to mass production stage some where we have to maintain this object and contro, through this

please help at the earliest

thanks

madhu kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

The authorization objects checked for BOM, Inform your basis personnel to use them to authorize as per your business need.

C_STUE_BER CS BOM Authorizations

C_STUE_NOH CS Authorization to process BOMs without a change number

C_STUE_WRK CS BOM Plant (Plant Assignments)

C_AENR_BGR CC Change Master - Authorization Group

C_AENR_ERW CC Eng. Chg. Mgmt. Enhanced Authorization

C_AENR_RV1 CC Engineering change mgmt - revision level for materials

C_DRAD_OBJ Create/Change/Display/Delete Object Link

C_TCLA_BKA Authorization for Class Types

Hope the above answers your query.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some one help me in resolving this pending issue for me

i need to ahve some object through which i can control the authorizations for BOM at new product stage and at mass production stage

can i have some class whose assignment to teh BOM header means its of mass operations stage

if this is not assigned its of new product stage

how to have some object like this assign to BOM header and call it while checking for authorizations ?

please help

we have to use only one BOM usage of Production as per the business process

regards,

madhu kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

At present how are you differentiating if a BOM is in intial product stage or in mass production stage?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as of now we are not differentiating

we need to have soem object to differentiate

hence as of now both new product people and operations personnel who are authorized have BOM authorizations

we need to control this

regards,

madhu kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the authorization object -> C_STUE_BER & the field -> BEGRU. In BOM header you would find a field called authorization group. So define your groups here

eg: ZM01 - initial production stage

ZM02 - mass production stage

Authorize your initial stage personnel with the field BEGRU = ZM01 & mass production personnel with ZM02.

Have a super user, who has authorization for both (i.e. ZM01 & ZM02) & he / she makes the change from ZM01 to ZM02.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear vivek,

thanks for your support

when we are trying with the same , system is not checking for the authorization object

earlier it was in status NO in SU24 ,our basis consultant made it YES and then assigned that authorization object to the user

when we try to change BOM it allowed inspite of having check for the authorization group

with trace he informed taht system is not checking for the object which we made YES from earlier NO

we are trying and revert to you with result

any ways thanks for all your support

regards,

madhu kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Not sure how your basis personnel is implementing the same, but in std SAP the authorization object - C_STUE_BER is checked. Also ask him to create the profiles with the required values & ensure that the field BEGRU has the values as per your need. It will definitely work.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear vivek,

thanks for all your support

issue is soled

i have given points to you

looking forward for ever friendly association

regards,

madhu kiran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

muhammad_haddad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is it possible to make this field mandatory and allow search help on it with fixed values?

This is because if the field is left blank then anyone can see the BOM although it auth.group is maintained in his roles/profiles.

We need to minimize this risk.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may use ECM function to handle.